See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

A hunting operator to suspend lion hunting. (South Africa)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Local time: 09:29 AM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident
  • Category 2:---

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:56 AM

www.africanskyhunting.co.za/trophies/lion-hunting.html

This is welcome news especially after South Africa stated that there would be no leopard hunting in 2017. This is undoubtedly due to the efforts of the South African public, social media  and the great success of the documentary Blood Lions.

Hopefully we can  all unite against South Africa's  obscene  decision to send a quota of 800 lion  skeletons to China. The only reasons for this are obviously corruption and the desire of South African game farmers to make a profit on their lions. It is simply doing horrendous damage to South Africa's international image as well as benefiting only a tiny number of people. 

• wilddog and Towlersonsafari like this

#2 wilddog

wilddog

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 2,430 posts
  • Local time: 06:29 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

@optig is this just the hunting company concerned or the whole of SA?

To me it seems to me that it is this particular hunting outfit not South Africa itself. If so your title is a little confusing

• Soukous and optig like this

#3 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Local time: 09:29 AM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

@wilddog Thanks for correcting me and my undue optimism. Unfortunately, lion hunting is continuing in South Africa and even the hunting of lionesses is allowed. At least one major operator suspended it. At least I have some reason for hope. 

#4 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,462 posts
  • Local time: 06:29 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

I'm closing this topic then and editing the title so as not to cause further confusion,

Thanks, Matt.

• wilddog and optig like this

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.