Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optig

A hunting operator to suspend lion hunting. (South Africa)

4 posts in this topic

www.africanskyhunting.co.za/trophies/lion-hunting.html

This is welcome news especially after South Africa stated that there would be no leopard hunting in 2017. This is undoubtedly due to the efforts of the South African public, social media and the great success of the documentary Blood Lions.

Hopefully we can all unite against South Africa's obscene decision to send a quota of 800 lion skeletons to China. The only reasons for this are obviously corruption and the desire of South African game farmers to make a profit on their lions. It is simply doing horrendous damage to South Africa's international image as well as benefiting only a tiny number of people.

2 people like this

@@optig is this just the hunting company concerned or the whole of SA?

To me it seems to me that it is this particular hunting outfit not South Africa itself. If so your title is a little confusing

2 people like this

@@wilddog Thanks for correcting me and my undue optimism. Unfortunately, lion hunting is continuing in South Africa and even the hunting of lionesses is allowed. At least one major operator suspended it. At least I have some reason for hope.

I'm closing this topic then and editing the title so as not to cause further confusion,

Thanks, Matt.

2 people like this