See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

COMMON WILDLIFE LAWS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gagan

gagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Local time: 09:43 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hi guys
what are some basic wildlife laws which every common safari goer should remember?

#2 ZaminOz

ZaminOz

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 2,988 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 AM
  • Category 1:Born in Africa
  • Category 2:Conservationist/Naturalist

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:38 AM

1. Pith Helmets should not be worn at the dinner table as they clash with the white dinner jacket, silver cigarette case and ample application of Brylcreem...

• pault, wilddog, Caracal and 3 others like this
Warning, if any safari camps wish to employ me as a guide, I expect a salary far, far, more commensurate than my actual experience!

#3 gagan

gagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Local time: 09:43 PM
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

1. Pith Helmets should not be worn at the dinner table as they clash with the white dinner jacket, silver cigarette case and ample application of Brylcreem...

Yo ...weve got our first law...the law of dinner..what are some more..?

#4 pomkiwi

pomkiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Local time: 05:13 PM
  • Category 2:---

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Getting out of the car to get a selfie with the lions is strictly forbidden.....
  • ZaminOz, gagan and AmyT like this

#5 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,793 posts
  • Local time: 02:13 AM
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

• the wildlife and bush are principle ,other things including  the comforts of the camp are detail
  • always behave safely around animals, follow all the advice the guide gives
  • always be on time for game drive
  • take your spare SD cards and spare batteries with you ,they can't help you if left in your tent or room
  • try not to be to concerned with the outside world , including comparing  with  other guests what fast food outlets your town has
  • the gamedrive  is not  the best time to check facebook , think of  how much you have spent and how long you have waited to be in the bush
  • you are here to observe animals and the bush, not rush around and tick of a list , a Ferrrari Safari would be a disaster 

• gagan likes this

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.