See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Hello and Request for Videographer in Kenya

Filmmaking Kenya Saiwa Swamp Community Conservation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Forsyth

Sam Forsyth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 06:07 PM
  • Category 1:Biologist
  • Category 2:Aid/Voluntary Worker

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

Hi I'm a Biology teacher in the UK, but in my former life I was a wildlife filmmaker for the BBC and various independent film companies.

I'm currently planning a trip back to Kenya this April to meet up with my friend Maurice Wanjala who chairs the Kipsaina Cranes and Wetlands Conservation Group based just outside the Saiwa Swamp National Park. Anyone interested can see the film (Queen of the Marsh part 1) I helped make about Maurice's work back in 1994 can find it here: https://www.youtube....h?v=ydSJbUdzD30.

In April I'm going to be planning  a school expedition to work with Maurice in 2018 and also working with him on his plans for a developing a Community Conservation Safari Loop around Western Kenya. Any suggestions gratefully received.

I also have a request. Maurice is hosting the Kenyan National Wetlands Day celebration on the 2nd of Feb this year. The filmmaker who was going to be helping record the day has had to pull out. I am currently looking for someone with their own recording equipment who might like to spend a day (or two) at Saiwa Swamp filming for an exciting and worthwhile community conservation cause. Please contact me if you think that you might be able to help.

Many thanks

Sam

Edited by Sam Forsyth, 15 January 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#2 Sverker

Sverker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Local time: 06:07 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hello, Sam,

I am a videographer, science teacher and a long time Africa lover.

Interested in your project.

Sverker

(I have sent you a message to your Inbox)

• Sam Forsyth likes this
Slower is better!

#3 Atravelynn

Atravelynn

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 9,847 posts
  • Local time: 12:07 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:55 AM

Welcome to the forum Sam Forsyth.  Fascinating project to a location that is high on my list.  Hope you get some takers for your offer.

• Sam Forsyth likes this
When you think of a rhino, think of a tree (African proverb)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Filmmaking, Kenya, Saiwa Swamp, Community Conservation

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.