Dave Williams Big Year 2017

Dave Williams

Dave Williams
3 hours ago, Galana said:

Sabota would be a reasonable guess but Fawn-coloured looks fits better.

Buzzards Pah. Go on count it. It is Common knowledge the beggars don't read books.:rolleyes:

Well now that's interesting! The Buzzard doesn't matter Steppe or Forest it's only been included once, the "Petronia Lark" is a different matter, Sabota has already featured but Fawn coloured hasn't, will I include it ?

No.I'll look for something else instead!! Not that desperate.

Yet!

Edited by Dave Williams

11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

No.I'll look for something else instead!! Not that desperate.

Be careful, someone is birding right up your tail :lol:!

Dave Williams
On 14/10/2017 at 9:53 AM, xelas said:

Be careful, someone is birding right up your tail :lol:!

I'm going to let you build up a lead @xelas , lull you in to a false sense of security then blast past to beat you by miles!!!!!!:wacko:

6 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I'm going to let you build up a lead @xelas , lull you in to a false sense of security then blast past to beat you by miles!!!!!!:wacko:

@Dave Williams be careful with your finishing strategy, I might have an ace (or two) up my sleeves :o!!!

Dave Williams
3 hours ago, xelas said:

@Dave Williams be careful with your finishing strategy, I might have an ace (or two) up my sleeves :o!!!

December 31st is going to be a mad rush in South Africa I think, must admit though you will be off to a good start next year!

On 10/15/2017 at 11:39 AM, xelas said:

be careful with your finishing strategy, I might have an ace (or two) up my sleeves :o!!!

Careful boys. Read the Aesopica which I am sure covers such things..

Dave Williams
10 minutes ago, Galana said:

Careful boys. Read the Aesopica which I am sure covers such things..

@Galana Tried Googling but I'm afraid I'm lost on that one. 

PS How's the wind out there? Started heavily here about an hour ago and looking much rougher your way out to sea. 

Edited by Dave Williams

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Tried Googling but I'm afraid I'm lost on that one. 

Commonly called Aesop' Fables. As in the Tortoise and the Hare.

As of now, 20.20 BST, it is blowing a fair bit. I am sure we have had worse but the night is young.The sea was impressive when we could see it.

No ferries or flights. We had a German Guided Missile Frigate F219, anchored in the bay a while back and wondered if Frau Merkle was really worried about Brexit. Oops.

Now that is a true spirit that makes Big Year such a place to take part at! May the Force be with you, @Dave Williams (and the birds be with me :D)!

You guys must watch out!

SkillieODP.thumb.jpg.0f8adf3a58d44c1d808bf8555937860f.jpg

I am watching you...

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

far more tortoises than anyone else:lol::lol:

Yup but Hares can breed like Rabbits and don't hibernate like Tortoises .

59e5d3e2a9312_HareMountain1.JPG.19efe925760a36697b70b5047542f6a3.JPG

I do have to endorse the comments on the great spirit on this Topic.

Dave Williams

Never known so many illusional people, myself excepted of course, pass comment on one thread before.:wacko:    

Seems to be quite a few non bird interlopers in this thread ?

Love your competitiveness all of you and what a great array of birds and it is only October!

Dave Williams

Disaster strikes! A review to see what I might add has revealed what I must take away! 2 Common Sandpipers,3 Arctic Skua and 2 Peregrine Falcons.

Ooops.

Back to 301 ! 

Bugger.

Anyway, you're still beating me. Been trying for weeks now to just get a half-decent pic of a Common Mynah (which really is common here). Nada!

Dave Williams

With the sun shining early this morning ( 8.30 is early for me to be out ! ) I was off down to the local reserve determined to put back my missing numbers.

My check had revealed I hadn't included a Grey Heron yet they are always on the reserve and apparently have been  ignored by me.

302) Grey Heron

37069604074_1ef0d1416d_b.jpgGrey Heron  Ardea Cinerea by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

I wan't going to use this image and wait instead for a better one but needs must! It was taken last week on Anglesey, they don't venture over to here very often although only 25 miles away.

304) Brent Goose ( also known as Brant Goose)

37730186476_8df6e57313_b.jpgBrent Goose    Branta bernicla by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

Back to the local reserve and this morning , a rather nice pair of Greater Scaup which are not very common. Plumage is in eclipse.

305) Greater Scaup

37778740051_b2082135e2_b.jpgGreater Scaup   Aythya Marila by Dave Williams, on Flickr

37778741261_fc53156281_b.jpgGreater Scaup   Aythya Marila by Dave Williams, on Flickr