Dave Williams

Peter Connan

Stunning shot of the Martin Dave!

Edited by Peter Connan

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Connan

Lovely shot!

Dave Williams

279)Manx Shearwater   Puffinus puffinus.    Another species from my pelagic trip in Liverpool Bay which is now a forest of windmills dwarfing everything else on the sea.

BH2I0546.jpg

Dave Williams

280) Common Tern Sterna hirundo  This was taken in Dublin Harbour,Ireland a month ago. I probably won't see any more now so.....

649A7726.jpg

The Great Skua is a stunning shot

Dave Williams

281) Common Scoter  Melanitta nigra

I have hardly been out at home so I'm starting to get desperate for images now. Quality down the pan!

Common Scoter.jpg

That was not that much that you have sent down the pan, @Dave Williams  :D :D:D! I have plenty of such photos, all completely unusable to me as the only ID I can make of them is that there is a flying object(s) on the photo :lol:. My bad, I know :(.

Dave Williams

I'm not scraping the barrel with this one, it's my favourite bird the Liver Bird sat on top of the Royal Liver Building on Liverpool's fabulous waterfront.

P7170020.JPG

Dave Williams

282) Mute Swan  Cygnus olor

BH2I2689.jpg

Dave Williams

283)  Black-tailed Godwit  Limosa limosa

Recently back from their breeding grounds further north. Many will spend the winter in the UK others will fly further south.

BH2I2668.jpg

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams

284) Reed Warbler   Acrocephalus scirpaceus.

Will soon be departing south again so I might not see another. Always a bit tricky in the reed beds!!

BH2I2609.jpg

BH2I2610.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some good memories there and never mind the quality. Loved the Liver birds. Obviously no virgins around that day.

Dave Williams

285) Eurasian Curlew  North Wales.

They are declining fast as breeding grounds are lost in the UK but we still get quite a few locally.

35534118714_30d2e87729_b.jpgCurlew    Numenius arquata by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams

286) Coal Tit   Periparus ater

I have been struggling to motivate myself to get out much so to push things on some of my garden birds which are typical in much of the UK.

Coal Tit.jpg

Dave Williams

287) Wood Pigeon   Columba palumbus another garden bird puffed up to keep out the rain.

Wood Pigeon  .jpg

Dave Williams

288)Moorhen   Gallinula chloropus

I dragged myself down to a local reserve as I'd heard the Kingfisher was showing well. The Moorhen was an additional bonus although they are very common wherever there is a patch of water everywhere in the UK.

Moorhen.jpg

michael-ibk

Beautiful Kingfisher! How close was this?

Dave Williams
1 hour ago, michael-ibk said:

Beautiful Kingfisher! How close was this?

30 -40 feet at a guess. Artificial perch in front of the hide. You can pay quite a lot of money for a Kingfisher photo hide experience here in the UK but this one is free.... and currently popular too! We are off the beaten track though so during the week it is quieter.

Wonderful kingfisher, @Dave Williams! The extender did a great job, and at almost 840 mm and hide, there was not much cropping, if any at all??