Alex & Zvezdana Big Year 2017

xelas

Dave Williams

I had noticed they were your shots and not Zvezda's that you have been adding recently and I have to say, very impressive they are too.

The Mardh Tit especially is a great series Alex!

9 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I had noticed they were your shots and not Zvezda's that you have been adding recently and I have to say, very impressive they are too.

Spending so much time with a great photographer like Zvezda must show some results :o

3 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

The Mardh Tit especially is a great series Alex!

Thanks Peter! It was a very obliging bird; just imagine what 9 fps could do to this sequence ...

Never mind all of that. What's this about a Fluffy tail? White-winged,White-spotted or what and where do we see it?:wub:

Yes your pics are good too @xelas. How could they not be?

Edited by Galana
additional text.

20 hours ago, xelas said:

Thanks Peter! It was a very obliging bird; just imagine what 9 fps could do to this sequence ...

Most likely just caused you to have to do more deleting afterwards?

:D

Photoing then twice is not a problem. It is when folks count them twice that the judges get cross.:wub:

Working hard, one more Tit for the collection ^_^, fresh from the nearby brush.

BY 322 / SI 066

Long-tailed Tit - Aeghitalos caudatus

Long-tailed TitA.JPG

Barje, 26/10/2017

Edited by xelas

Envious of the LTT. We have them here but I have yet to get a decent shot.

Congrats on #300, Alex, especially enjoyed seeing "our" Seewinkel birds again. Sorry, ran out of my likes today (as so often when returning to ST after a longer absence).

Reds have scored 3 in 90 minutes while I have needed 300 minutes for 2. But they are both beauties :wub:!

BY 323 / SI 067

Eurasian Treecreeper - Certhia familiaris

TreecreeperB.thumb.JPG.1e03981002c31c4a69d47fb07b5c1525.JPG

Volčji Potok, 28/10/2017

BY 324 / SI 068

Crested Tit - Lophophanes cristatus

59f4c44c28eb3_CrestedTitA.JPG.5b1fba5320a3b5fcab8d22896b838bf9.JPG

Volčji Potok, 28/10/2017

24 minutes ago, Tdgraves said:

@xelas you got both of your target species on the same day?!?? Foul!

Nope; my target specie was Green Woodpecker; but I am more then happy with what I've found.

14 minutes ago, xelas said:

Nope; my target specie was Green Woodpecker; but I am more then happy with what I've found.

So you got @Dave Williams target species by mistake??

1 hour ago, Tdgraves said:

So you got @Dave Williams target species by mistake??

In fact, I've got both of Dave's target species! I was very surprised to find a small Goldcrest bathing in a stream. But I have posted it already in Scotland. So only for the record (and if @Dave Williams will miss it tomorrow):

Goldcrest.JPG.aa91c4fdd4a88cecaabf020badc8b257.JPG

Edited by xelas

Love the crested tit

I’l also hunting a green woodpecker with no luck 

Dave Williams

Nice additions  Alex. The Liverpool game was pretty average, the first half was a non event but the second half was a lot better. My grandson enjoyed it and he's a lucky mascot. Last time he went won 4-0!

I would take a Crestie over a Yaffle (Green Woodpecker) any day. Great photo.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Nice additions  Alex. The Liverpool game was pretty average, the first half was a non event but the second half was a lot better. My grandson enjoyed it and he's a lucky mascot. Last time he went won 4-0!

Next time you should come with me, as you have seen I could be a mascot also :D, at least for birds! Will you go watching Reds against Purples?

I will try my luck with a hide on Tuesday and Wednesday, at Valle del Po. Any advice what to bring for 5 hrs?!

Edited by xelas

Dave Williams
17 minutes ago, xelas said:

Next time you should come with me, as you have seen I could be a mascot also :D, at least for birds! Will you go watching Reds against Purples?

I shall watch that on TV, we  ( my son and I) are going to the Spartak Moscow game in December.

On 10/29/2017 at 10:11 PM, xelas said:

I will try my luck with a hide on Tuesday and Wednesday, at Valle del Po. Any advice what to bring for 5 hrs?!

Something soft to sit on...

Just in time, Peter! Will report back in the afternoon.

@xelas, particularly enjoyed your Scotland collection as I have Scotland pencilled in for 2019. The Short Eared Owl is lovely, we were lucky in India to see them very close, beautiful bright yellow eyes. Interesting that the same Bird could be so well adapted to two completely different climates, Scotland and India don't have much in common.The White Tailed Eagle IF shots are great, from both of you, and I appreciated @PeterHG and @Galana  pointing out some ID tips. Sorry you missed the Golden Eagle, at least where you come from you have many other opportunities.

Thanks, @elefromoz! Scotland is beautiful specially the islands. You will enjoy your trip! BTW how is Australia west coast in August?!