Prices from: 956 USD per person + 4.5% service charges extra
Accommodation: Dome tent camping
Max participants: 8
Min participants: 4
No of crew: 2
Vehicle type: Adventure maxivan
Duration: 10 nights, 11 days
Meals: Breakfast x 10, lunch x 10, Dinner x 10
Departure date: Can be booked on any date between 1st November till 30th June.
Highlights of the trip
- Indian savannah grasslands of Velavadar
- Velavadar - home to thousands of blackbuck antelopes, bluebulls, striped hyenas, wolves, jungle cats and the largest harrier roosting ground in the world.
- Gir - The only national park in the world where one can see the asiatic lions in the wild. Home to a big population of leopards.
- Little Rann - vast salt pans which are home to the rare desert wildlife like the wild ass, desert cat, desert and bengal fox etc
- One of the largest gatherings of migratory birds like flamingos, pelicans, ducks, cranes, storks etc.
Places to Visit -
- Velavadar - Blackbuck National Park
- Gir National Park
- Little rann of Kutch
Day 1: Ahmedabad
Arive at Ahmedabad. Accommodation will be in a comfortable hostel or hotel. There are no activities planned for the day. Depending on the time of your arival, you can go on a short sightseeing tour covering historical highlights of Ahmedabad like Sabarmati ashram (Mahatma Gandhi's home), Teen darwaza, Jama mosque etc (Optional activity - not included in the trip cost).
Day 2 - 3: Velavadar - Blackbuck National Park
Drive to Velavadar National park. We will set up our camp not so far from the grassland. On day 3 we will do 2 wildlife safaris in the grassland of Velavadar looking for Blackbucks, Indian wolves, hyenas, raptors and lots of other migratory and resident birds. It is one of the very few grassland habitats left in India and hence very well protected and managed.
Day 4 - 6: Gir National Park
Drive to Gir National Park. We will set up our camp. It is famous as the last stronghold of the Asiatic lion. This is must visit for any wildlife enthusiast, as it is the only place in the world where one can see Asiatic lions in wild. There are about 450 lions living today in and around Gir. The park also has a good leopard population. On day 5 and 6 we have both morning and evening safaris planned here.
Day 7 - 9: Little Rann of Kutch
Drive to the little hamlet of Zainabad. We will set up our camp right next to the salt pans of the the Kutch. Rann is definitely one of kind habitat in this world, home to a lot of wildlife. We will go for safaris in the cast salt pans and marshes of the Little Rann looking for Indian wild ass, desert fox, wolves, gazelles, flamingos, pelicans, raptors and hosts of other migratory and resident birds. On days 8 and 9 both morning and evening safaris are planned here.
Day 10 - 11: Ahmedabad: Finishing up in the Rann, we will pack our camp and head back towards Ahmedabad. Overnight accommodation will be in a comfortable hostel or hotel. On day 11 after breakfast we will head towards the airport/railway station where the trip ends
Includes and excludes -
- 3 Meals a day – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Single sharing dome tents for camping
- Twin sharing for hotels, hostels and homestays
- Single sharing for hotels, hostels and homestays (only if extra single supplement charge paid)
- Fully equipped safari vehicle
- Camping and cooking equipment
- National park entries, forts/monuments/heritage building entries, city tours, adventure activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- All road tolls and vehicle taxes
- All ground transportation
- Meals as indicated
- Services of two crew + 1 local guide (if applicable)
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mats
- Optional activities
- Drinks, tips
- Items of a personal nature
For inquiry -
or email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Asiatic lion from Gir national park
Blackbuck antelope from Velavadar national park
Wildass from Rann of kutch