cheetah80

Serengeti Video

8 posts in this topic

Between October and November we spent 10 days in the Serengeti. 5 days at Dunia Camp and another 5 at Sayari. We had a really wonderful time and had some great sightings. I was a bit worried about visiting in "shoulder season" but in the end it was a very good time to visit. We had quite a bit of rain in the Northern Serengeti but we enjoyed it a lot - quite something to see the clouds rolling in, and wet cats :) But most of the time it was beautiful and sunny.

Here is a short video trip report by Mr Cheetah80.

16 people like this

Very cool! I hope to get to the Serengeti in 2018.

Outstanding video. Must have been hard to choose. Such little lion cubs. Did you get the age of the youngest ones? I am not using sound, if you stated it on the video. It seems you saw a lion kill! You depicted the rain well, including the shaking mane. Oct-Nov was a good choice.

Wow! Fabulous video as usual! So many cubs! Kudos to Mr. Cheetah80. So when do we see your photos?

Fantastic footage, remarkable sequences, have watched quite a lot of your clips they are excellent, very surprised you haven't put several together for sale on a DVD. Having stayed at Sayari in 2015 your latest offering brought back some wonderful memories. Must try Dunia when next in the area. I am a big fan of Asilia properties having stayed in 5 in recent years, does not include one twice. Thank you for posting, time to re-watch your video clip.

My goodness your other half's videos have become very professional over the years. The KTP one and this are very very good. Seeing that baboon with the baby fawn was a shocker. You had a private vehicle again? We have taken the plunge and booked one with Brian Freeman in Kenya this year. What camera does you OH use for his videos? Congratulations. Pen

brilliantly put together video giving the essential slices of life on the serengeti - i see you cross into Lamai using that bridge across Mara River! I felt for the impala mum as the male baboon took claim of its tax on the antelopes, and the buffalo-lion interactions. what stories you have to tell!

we loved Dunia camp (other than the tsetse flies as you drive into camp). When we were there in 2013, manager Peter was a marvellous and great host. he looked after us so well. Is he still managing the camp when you were there?

On 12/22/2016 at 0:04 PM, cheetah80 said:

Between October and November we spent 10 days in the Serengeti. 5 days at Dunia Camp and another 5 at Sayari. We had a really wonderful time and had some great sightings. I was a bit worried about visiting in "shoulder season" but in the end it was a very good time to visit. We had quite a bit of rain in the Northern Serengeti but we enjoyed it a lot - quite something to see the clouds rolling in, and wet cats :) But most of the time it was beautiful and sunny.

Here is a short video trip report by Mr Cheetah80.

That was very well done.  Great job.