Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swazicar

Of Course Cats Love Fish

3 posts in this topic

Others may have seen this already, but it's so unusual to see in the wild that I thought it might be of interest.

Olympic National Park is just about my favorite place to go backpacking (what some of you might call trekking). Never seen a bobcat there, however.

Link to video: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/12/bobcat-catches-giant-salmon-olympic-national-park-washington/

2 people like this

@@Swazicar Wow, no I hadn't seen it - that's amazing! Thanks for sharing. I've been to Olympic National Park twice, beautiful place!

On 12/21/2016 at 10:39 AM, Swazicar said:

Others may have seen this already, but it's so unusual to see in the wild that I thought it might be of interest.

Olympic National Park is just about my favorite place to go backpacking (what some of you might call trekking). Never seen a bobcat there, however.

On 12/24/2016 at 9:55 AM, SafariChick said:

@@Swazicar Wow, no I hadn't seen it - that's amazing! Thanks for sharing. I've been to Olympic National Park twice, beautiful place!

~ @Swazicar and @SafariChick

I grew up on the Olympic Peninsula spending summers and vacations there throughout the 1960s and 1970s.

My family had forested coastal acreage past Sekiu on the road to Neah Bay. 

At one point in my early life I worked and lived on the Makah Indian Reservation where hiking out to Cape Flattery was one of my greatest joys.

The Hoh and Sol Duc valleys were childhood playgrounds. I must've developed webbed toes to adapt to the steady rainfall.

Moss, ferns, wrens, deer, lichen and dripping water...sigh...happy memories.

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm so glad that both of you are fellow Olympic Peninsula fans.

Tom K.

1 person likes this