Sharad Kumar Vats

Bheema a big male Tiger in Kanha National Park dies in a territorial fight

9 posts in this topic

It is never an easy feeling when you hear about your favorite Tiger dying for reasons beyond anyone's control. One tends to develop a bond with Tigers whom you have been seeing for some seasons. Seems as if those Tigers also know you. Then one fine day you hear about a Tiger found injured, and despite best efforts by the forest department he passes away. This is exactly what happened with Bheema a big male Tiger in Kanha. He got into a mortal combat with another of my favorite Tiger who also happens to be currently the biggest Tiger of central India, the Umarpani male and it proved to be his last fight.

post-50369-0-98768100-1482154819_thumb.jpg

Tigers are born to fight, they live to fight and fight to live. And they die fighting. Please read the below link to know about Bheema the big male Tiger of Kanha.

http://naturesafariindia.com/blog/bheema-peaceful-warrior-kanha-national-park-passes-away/

Best Wishes

Sharad Vats

3 people like this

Whilst sad news, it is so much better to hear about this kind of death rather than one through poaching. The photo is a lovely tribute to a magnificent creature.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hoping he has many surviving cubs. Hard to go up against the biggest tiger in Central India. Gorgeous cat.

Interesting comment about the nervous energy of anxious tiger-watchers spooking the cats.

Edited by Atravelynn
1 person likes this

@@twaffle indeed a satisfying way for a predator to go like this than human inflicted ways. Glad you liked the image.

@@Atravelynn..unfortunately he did not leave any cubs behind. But his sibling is doing well in another zone of Kanha. He is popularly known as Bajrang. My personal experience has been that nervous energy disturbs the big cats. Have noticed the same on a few occasions. And there are times when one sends positive vibes internally and the big cats get close without any worries.

1 person likes this

I like that positive vibe comment. I have had it work on domestic cats.

@Atravelynn; i have tried this numerous times on Tigers and it works always. Sending positive thoughts works on all living beings i guess.

Sad news but as already stated it is within the natural order of things. Thanks for letting us know about it @@Sharad Kumar Vats

@@wilddog Sure it is a huge consolation, and perhaps the most apt way for Tigers to go down is fighting. Guess, such deaths are also important as only the best genes should be passed on, it is only good for the survival of the Tigers.