See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Drone Innovation in Malawi

drones malawi

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Local time: 07:30 PM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident
  • Category 2:---

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

http://allafrica.com...1612150719.html

This is a staggering example of just how drones could be used in Africa to enable great technological progress. I have so many ideas as to how they could be used more effectively. What this article fails to note is that drones could be used to carry people. I've long had the idea that drones could be used as ambulances. I've also thought that eventually all the delivery men on motorcycles could be replaced by drones in African cities. It's just shocking how many delivery drivers are killed or crippled every year. 

It's quite unfortunate that only the Rwandan and Malawian governments are the only ones truly pursuing the use of drones. As we all know too well African governments are notoriously uninterested in pursuing technological development especially if it threatens their monopolies. I do think that Magufuli's government will pursue technology because It's bringing so much investment into the country.Tanzania has also become increasingly investment friendly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drones, malawi

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.