See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Doug Macdonald

Liuwa Plains and Kafue with Doug Macdonald - Nov 2017

14 posts in this topic

I have a safari that has space for either one person or a couple in November 2017. The safari starts in Lusaka with one night at Pioneer Camp, we then travel by Land Rover through to Kafue National Park - Musekese Camp for 3 nights. From here we go to Mongu where we will have one night and do the resupply for our time in Liuwa. I have Katayona Campsite booked for 4 nights. We leave there and head down the Zambezi River to Kabula Camp and then finish off in Livingstone.

Approximate cost depending on whether we are an extra one or two people is around the $4000 mark. I will confirm that as soon as I know who is coming.

Please note that the Liuwa Plains part will require some participation from you in terms of camp set up, cleaning and cooking.

Please email me direct on doug@dougmacsafaris.com so I can discuss the safari in detail with you.

Liuwa Plains and Kafue NP with Doug Macdonald 19 – 29 Nov 2017

2 people like this

Don't dawdle, this guy books up fast.

1 person likes this

Ah Liuwa Plains is amazing and November is the time to be there!

Is it 2017 or 2016? Your post says 2017, but the link says 2016....

Posted (edited)

Is it 2017 or 2016? Your post says 2017, but the link says 2016....

I believe he is linking to the 2016 example to illustrate what the 2017 trip might look like - if I was searching for somebody in November 2016, I would at least add the exact dates Furthermore, the link says the safari starts on November 19 - that was yesterday...

Edited by ice

Thanks Everyone - the dates are for 2017 and the link has been adjusted accordingly.

Cheers

Doug

1 person likes this

Liuwa Plains is high on my lists of places that I wan to visit,as is Kasanka,and Bangweulu Swamp. It would be a fabulous combination especially in November to see the great wildebeest migration.

These are all great places to visit - I have really enjoyed my trips to Kasanka and Bengweulu, the herds of Lechwe on those flat grasslands are incredible.

1 person likes this

Doug Macdonald@ As you know I'd love to go on a safari with you to Rwanda,and especially to the D.R,C. I'd also love to visit Gorongosa for many reasons. I have so many ideas. :DB):o

1 person likes this

Doug Macdonald@ As you know I'd love to go on a safari with you to Rwanda,and especially to the D.R,C. I'd also love to visit Gorongosa for many reasons. I have so many ideas. :DB):o

Doug goes to these.

You could do a 'round the continent trip. @@SafariChick has one of those coming up and it includes Rwanda.

1 person likes this

I am watching very closely the goings on in Virunga and Gorongosa so we can run a safari into these parks, both top places that need support. Watch this space!

4 people like this

@@Atravelynn yes, a sort of round the continent adventure - or three countries anyway - sadly it doesn't include @@Doug Macdonald but hopefully I will do another trip with Doug eventually!

As Rod Cassidy told me the best way there is to support conservation is by visiting places that truly need tourist revenue so thus giving the local people an alternativs to hunting or worse poaching. Thus the C.A.R., D.R.C., and Gorongosa do need us to visit them. I love seeing hunting concessions going over to wildlife tourism.

Thankyou to all those that have enquired about this safari but it is now fully booked. I will be happy to discuss doing another trip there just let me know what you have in mind.

Regards

Doug