See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Asian Elephants Slaughtered in Myanmar for Chinese Market

Asian Elephants Myanmar Chinese Market Burma

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,477 posts
  • Local time: 10:42 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:03 AM

http://www.dailymail...mand-China.html

~ This article from the U.K. Daily Mail presents images of slaughtered Asian elephants in Myanmar (Burma) obtained during an undercover operation conducted by the U.K. conservation organization, Elephant Family.

A thriving Chinese trade in elephant skin trinkets causes the death of Asian elephants. Hides and ivory are openly sold across the border in China's Elephant Valley tourism development.

(In February, 2012 I was on special assignment in Xishuangbanna, Yunnan province with my highest “top leader”. He and his wife took me to Elephant Valley where I observed the illegal elephant trinkets on sale and saw the ‘elephant show’. Xishuangbanna is wedged between Myanmar and Laos.)

• jeremie likes this

#2 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Local time: 12:42 PM
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

this is all very unfortunate and hard to control

indo china is a major area for wildlife crime

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

#3 gagan

gagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Local time: 08:12 AM
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:46 PM

These chinese will never learn..they want medicine to save themselves by killing animals..what if they get killed to make medicine to save tigers?

Edited by gagan, 01 October 2016 - 11:46 PM.

• Tom Kellie likes this

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.