See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul T

Zambia e-visa online applications

13 posts in this topic

Have any fellow SafariTalkers used the e-visa service for Zambia? If anyone has used this service can they advise how long they had to wait for the online application confirmation letter reply and did this letter help to get the visa stamp at Lusaka Airport quicker?

1 person likes this

My cousins used it in June for travel from Botswana to Livingstone (so, not Lusaka) ...... but, i think it was really easy. Confirmation reply - two days I think. Not long at all......

Does it require you to send in your passport?

@@pault - no ........... You get a letter print out and take with you after you fill in the online application. Pay and get visa stamped on arrival.

Same for Zimbabwe.

1 person likes this

Can I like this 10 times!!!!

Thanks Hari... I no longer have to wait until my wife retires to visit Zambia. This is quite exciting - and confirmation it is the same for Zimbabwe.

1 person likes this

Zimbabwe too? I did not know that. Thanks@@madaboutcheetah

1 person likes this

Confused now ... last year it was simply Visa on arrival for Zimbabwe, no e-visa required. Has that changed?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Michael and @@wilddog - depending on nationality i think. We Indians need prior approval ;) and that can be done with e-visa and no need for passport to go physically to the consulate ........ Haha. Still Zambia and Zim is a breeze compared to Botswana or the ineptitude of the SA consulate.

Edited by madaboutcheetah
2 people like this

My thanks for the all the contributions to this topic.

Seems the online e-visa service isn't an option though.... my PC's antivirus/security programme is blocking access to their website because it is not secured. Tried to access the site on my work PC and again got blocked as the site is deemed a "threat". Oh well, I'll get my visa on arrival at Lusaka in 2 weeks time, done it that way a number of times before so not an issue for me.

@@Paul T Where are you going in Zambia?

@@Geoff Visiting South Luangwa National Park (again)

Edited by Paul T

I am heading for Kafue (flying to Lusaka) and I asked my agent (and regular tour leader) about this and he said he doesn't' know of anyone that has used it.

Also I believe that you still have to queue in the usual way on arrivals so does not save much time; simply the cash hand over etc. So I am planning to do it the old fashioned way when I go.

The e-visa service promo video makes the process look easy but you still have to pay on arrival and get the visa issued and put in your passport upon presenting the application approval letter the e-visa service send to you. Maybe having the letter helps get you through quicker? I could use the services of Tours Africa at Lusaka to assist with getting the visas, I've used them before, a reasonable cost for their services, great people they are very good at getting the visas issued on arrival quickly .... I think it's called queue jumping :)

@@wilddog have a great trip to Kafue.

1 person likes this