Camping trailer build thread

Peter Connan

Yes, less than 40 days to departure now! I can't wait...

~ @@Peter Connan

Now that's a proper camping trailer!

The attention to detail, the high degree of customization, and the the overall sophistication of design make it a joy to see.

Having seen it in person a couple of weeks ago, I know how well Dragocena is made.

Thank you so much for posting these images.

Tom K.

Peter Connan

Thank you very much @@Geoff and @@Tom Kellie

I appreciate your kind comments.

• 1 month later...
Peter Connan

Well, the trailer has just completed a 6500km trip to Namibia and back, including some of the worst roads I have ever driven.

Apart from damage sustained in a rear-end shunt on the first day of the trip, I am actually pretty happy. Most systems worked very well, and the issues (again, apart from the crash damage) will be pretty easy to fix.

But, the crash damage gives me an opportunity to re-design some areas... Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

I like your positive, "can-do" attitude Peter!

Peter Connan

Thank you @@PT123

Now that the maiden voyage has been finished, Dragocena is ready for many future sailngs!

Tom Kellie

Well, the trailer has just completed a 6500km trip to Namibia and back, including some of the worst roads I have ever driven.

Apart from damage sustained in a rear-end shunt on the first day of the trip, I am actually pretty happy. Most systems worked very well, and the issues (again, apart from the crash damage) will be pretty easy to fix.

But, the crash damage gives me an opportunity to re-design some areas... Stay tuned!

post-49296-0-58919100-1494759145_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Connan

Sorry i missed your letter @@Tom Kellie!

The trailer handled the tough conditions admirably. And at times, by mistake, i really put it through the wringer.

Now i am considering what changes will be incorporated during the repair...

offshorebirder

@@Peter Connan - I am looking forward to reading the camping trailer repair thread! I imagine @Gray Nomad will be too.

Peter Connan

Thank you Nathan @@offshorebirder

• 2 weeks later...
Tom Kellie

~ @Peter Connan

Ha! This is where I've been looking, as well as in the Namibia trip report thread.

Tom K.

• 1 month later...

You are so engeneery.

Have you had the idea to build trailers for people like me (rich but with no building skills) :lol:

Peter Connan

Thank you @Sverker. Unfortunately, i do not have the time.

But there are numerous manufacturers of specialized camping trailers in South Africa.

Have a look at Metalian and Off Trax for starters.