Camping trailer build thread

Peter Connan

Thanks @@xelas. I was not aware that the word would have different forms for different sexes. Of course it would be female. Calling a vehicle by a masculin name (except for Chuck Norris) would be unthinkable.

@@michael-ibk, while i am aware of LOTR, i have never watched nor read it. However, if you have ever heard my 14 year old daughter say the words "my precious" in her best LOTR inflection, you will never again want to use that particular combination of words...

What a brilliant achievement and I get a feeling of freedom just looking at it. May you have many wonderful trips in your new rig.

Thank you very much for the kind words and great wish Hillary @@twaffle

Very good, @@Tom Kellie ! I like the version #4 best; if you could add a letter D that would be similar to how you wrote it in version #3.

• 3 weeks later...
Peter Connan

First camp. Boxing day 2016:

post-24763-0-31861800-1483763683_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Christmas tree - lovely and full of pleasant surprises!

Towlersonsafari

Hurrah! Happy Camping @@Peter Connan

Edited by Towlersonsafari

Great build. As a serial builder of motorhomes and campervans I can relate to this and appreciate how much work is involved.

Edited by graynomad

offshorebirder

Great job @@Peter Connan - what meticulous attention to detail you possess.

@@graynomad, I have followed your build threads here with awe and interest. Thank you for your kind comment.

@@offshorebirder, thank you, I appreciate the compliment (although I don't necessarily agree).

• 4 weeks later...

I need some help please.

I want to print two photos on stickey plastic and apply them to the two front cabinet doors, one on each side of the trailer.

But I am struggling to decide on which photos to use.

Please would you guys vote on the following photos?

post-24763-0-93011900-1486402095_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-84343800-1486402103_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-35853900-1486402110_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-34127100-1486402118_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-68493600-1486402125_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-88915500-1486402132_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-58801500-1486402142_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-01966000-1486402150_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-27190100-1486402156_thumb.jpg

Thanks...

My vote goes to hippo. Next option cheetah.

My advice is to make them b&w, and look from distance; the one that will have the best impact you should use.

Vote for Cheetah and Flamingo - gorgeous photos here Peter.

O.....M.....G! An unbelievably interesting read. And I can't even imagine how interesting this would be if I understood it.

Initially the 4th and 5th were going to be my suggestion but they will be difficult to see what the pic is from a distance. Therefore the cheetah and hippo gets my nod. Easily recognizable.

Thanks for all the help.

Initially the 4th and 5th were going to be my suggestion but they will be difficult to see what the pic is from a distance. Therefore the cheetah and hippo gets my nod. Easily recognizable.

Funnily enough, I still think these are my favourites, because to me they fit best into the reason I built the trailer in the first place: a means to get to wonderful places and have wonderful experiences. While I am undeniably fond of the hippo and cheetah, somehow they do not feel that special to me. Hippo can be found in almost any pool of water, and those two cheetah could have been taken in a zoo..

Perhaps I should print a few pictures on paper and stick them temporarily on to see what they look like?

Edited by Peter Connan

It is your trailer, Peter, so it should be your call! Do print and put a couple of your favorites on doors, and pick the ones you will like the most! And do sent us a photo of finished product.

Good. Back to my favorites then.

• 3 weeks later...

My sincere thanks to all who assisted in the decision process, and even more so to everyone who helped making it a reality.

I suspect few international tripartate agreements were ever concluded so pleasantly and succesfully.

post-24763-0-03263400-1488298008_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-71836900-1488298040_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-00670800-1488298053_thumb.jpg

post-24763-0-96204300-1488298064_thumb.jpg

@@Peter Connan , those photos are simply gorgeous! We are soo looking forward to admire them live in about 55 days!

I am also very curious how many fellow campers will be asking about the name?! One word ... perfect trailer! Ready to start the second one ?

Thank you very much @@xelas.

Yes, less than 40 days to departure now! I can't wait...

@@Peter Connan Looking good Peter, It's been awhile since I dropped into this thread.