See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Cottar's 1920's Safari Camp - Safaritalk Members SPECIAL OFFER

safari special offer kenya masai mara

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Calvin

Calvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 03:36 AM
  • Category 1:Born in Africa
  • Category 2:Lodge Owner/Manager

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:46 AM

Attached File  Cottar's - Game Drive (14).jpg   64.27KB   0 downloads

We at Cottar’s are extremely pleased to let you know that we are offering a 10% discount to all Safari Talkers staying at Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp in 2016 & 2017.  This discount applies to all new bookings (direct bookings only) from 1st July to 31st December 2016 and applies to the accommodation rates only. Excludes conservation fees ($116 per adult per day) which go directly to the Olderkesi Conservancy.

In addition to the 10% discount, Cottar’s will donate a further 5% to Cottars Wildlife Conservation Trust (CWCT) which supports the establishment of a 6,000 acre Olderkesi Wildlife Conservancy pilot project on the boundary and key wildlife corridor of the Maasai Mara National Reserve and the Serengeti National Park. CWCT has been actively engaged in the preservation of natural habitats and wildlife in the area and in securing the area from poachers and for the protection of the community. Cottar's 1920's Camp maintains close ties to neighboring communities and is keen to address the challenges they face. The CWCT has for many years actively supported the Maasai community's struggle to obtain land tenure resulting in the legal ownership of the Olderkesi Group Ranch in 2010.

Full rates at Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp range from $600 to $1,243 per adult per night, depending on the time of year. Teen and child discounts also apply. The 10% Safari Talkers Discount will be taken off these rates, plus a further 5% going to CWCT.

Attached File  Cottar's - Sunrise - Michael Poliza Photography.jpg   89.36KB   0 downloads

Sunrise

Rates include – Full board accommodation, Drinks (Water, juice, tea and coffee, all house wines, spirits, beers & soft drinks), Laundry, Safari activities (bush walks, day & night game drives, bush meals & sundowners), Cottar's Maasai Warrior School, One 30 minute complimentary massage per tent, Transfers to cultural visits, All statutory taxes (approx. 25%) including VAT, Cottar's private airstrip and Keekorok airstrip transfers

Rates exclude – Domestic flights, Maasai cultural village entry fee (US$25 per person per visit), Massage and Spa treatments (from US$50 per hour), Luxury drinks (champagne and other top shelf drinks), Exclusive use of vehicle (US$330 per day) and Conservation fees which are $116 per adult per day.

This special discount applies to Safaritalk members and family members who book to stay at Cottar’s (direct bookings only) and can be used in conjunction with other special offers at Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp.

Attached File  Cottar's - Honeymoon Tent Outside.jpg   67.5KB   0 downloads

The Honeymoon tent

How to book: contact Juliet at Cottar’s Safari Service - Email: bookings@cottarsafaris.com

Stating SAFARITALK SPECIAL OFFER in the subject line and mentioning your Safaritalk screen name in the enquiry so that the discounted price is applied and advise the dates that you wish to book and the names of the persons travelling.

Attached File  Cottar's Private Villa - Views from terrace (3).jpg   39.4KB   0 downloads

A view from the terrace at Cottars Private Villa

Your stay at Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp can form part of a lengthier African safari including other properties but please note that these other properties will not be included in this special offer/discount. Juliet will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the safari and can also help you plan your itinerary and transfers, and should you wish to include a question in this topic, please do feel free to post it below.

We look forward to welcoming you to Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp soon.

Calvin.

Attached File  Cottar's - Sundowner.jpg   64.6KB   0 downloads

Sundowners in the Mara...

• ZaminOz, twaffle, pault and 2 others like this
Owner Cottars 1920s Camp, Masai Mara
Telephone: +254 (0) 733773377

#2 armchair bushman

armchair bushman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • Local time: 03:36 AM
  • Category 1:Born in Africa
  • Category 2:Born in Africa

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:28 AM

Great news.  I'm sure there are plenty of SafariTalkers who would like to take advantage of this generous offer.

#3 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,485 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:41 AM

~ @Calvin

What a generous offer.

Thank you so much for sharing it with Safaritalk members.

Tom K.

#4 Sackrider

Sackrider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 01:36 AM
  • Category 2:Writer

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:26 AM

As most of us are strapped for cash and safaris are expensive any discount is most welcome. 

But, forgive me for being churlish, is it really that generous?

A 10% discount still gives the operator a very cheap booking. 

Remember they are routinely giving between 20%-30% commission to travel agents.

I know that my travel agent will almost always be able to give me a rate that is 10% below rack rate just for being a loyal customer.

Edited by Sackrider, 18 August 2016 - 09:26 AM.

#5 PT123

PT123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

Agree with @Sackrider that you likely could get an equal (or greater) reduction by booking through a TA.  This is still a great option if one wants to book directly.

#6 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,462 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

@Sackrider  @PT123 As you know Safaritalk is not a travel agent and there is no obligation for operators to offer discounts to Safaritalk members: Safaritalk cannot compete with TA's and nor is it my intention to do so. 

Also remember there is a 5% donation as well to the local conservation initiative. Is this something TA's would offer? (I personally don't know)

Anyway, to @Sackrider is this a general observation, or question specifically to @Calvin about this particular offer?

My concern is, whilst your point may well be valid, if working with a regular TA to receive loyalty discount, perhaps other members may not and if operators see this as a response to offering discount to Safaritalk members, it could have a negative affect and they withdraw such offers, or, in future, are dissuaded from putting forward any such offers to Safaritalk members.

So, should you wish to discuss the general point about discounts, whether through a TA or otherwise, please start a new topic, and keep this topic directly related to staying with Calvin at Cottars Safaris.

Thanks, Matt.

• twaffle likes this

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#7 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,793 posts
  • Local time: 10:36 AM
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

all operator's discounts are  generous and warmly accepted

no one has to offer them  and they are a way for members to save money

• armchair bushman and offshorebirder like this

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

#8 pault

pault

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 4,183 posts
  • Local time: 07:36 AM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

Hmmm ... Sonce it can be combined with other offers (and they have good ones) it might not be attainable otherwise - or it might, depending on your agent.

I'll say"thank you very much Calvin" and do my sums later!

Waiting again... for the next time again

#9 Sackrider

Sackrider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Category 2:Writer

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:28 AM

Point taken @Game Warden

Both @PT123 and I did state that we welcomed the offer/discount.

I have no gripe with @Calvin about his offer. It is entirely at the discretion of any given operator what discounts they do or do not give.

#10 twaffle

twaffle

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 8,634 posts
  • Local time: 10:06 AM
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:29 AM

Looking at the honeymoon tent I think I'd get divorced and remarried just to justify staying in it.  The Cottar's old safari vehicle was a topic of discussion quite frequently when I was in Zimbabwe recently.

Thanks @Calvin for this generous offer.

• KaingU Lodge and hannahcat like this

… clarity in thought comes after challenge …

#11 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,793 posts
  • Local time: 10:36 AM
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:43 AM

well what tent  you ask for is up to you

they are not going to ask if you are recently married, if you ask for the honeymoon tent

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safari, special offer, kenya, masai mara

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.