See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Indian Tiger Population set to double in 5 years

Tiger Conservation India Safaris Save the Tiger National Parks of India Tiger Safaris

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sharad Kumar Vats

Sharad Kumar Vats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM
  • Category 1:Tour Operator
  • Category 2:Wildlife Photographer/Artist

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

aaB89T0742 copy.jpg

The caption might sound unrealistic, but the ground reality today is, that there are some serious efforts in the direction. The captioned statement is made by our new Environment Minister. Honestly, i am not sure if this will happen, but i quite like the confidence, intent, and positivity in his approach There are things beginning to happen on the ground, and i would like to believe the old saying, that, "We should aim for the moon, because even if we miss we will be among the stars". So, even if the population does not reach the intended double mark, but it will be at a good high. To know as to what is being done on the ground click on the link below to know more:

http://naturesafarii...-2022-in-india/

I sincerely hope that this happens.

Best Wishes 

Sharad Vats

http://www.naturesafariindia.com

• COSMIC RHINO, Super LEEDS, michael-ibk and 1 other like this

#2 madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 10,109 posts
  • Local time: 02:27 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:54 AM

I was in Kabini (Nagarhole) last weekend and have noted that some of the tribal settlements have been moved to near by towns - a successful conservation move!  Space is the key in a country where the population explodes exponentially ........ Let me put it this way - If our human population doubles in the country - we are doomed!

• Sharad Kumar Vats likes this

www.facebook.com/madaboutcheetah

Botswana in my blood .......

#3 gagan

gagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:53 PM

Where are you nowadays @madaboutcheetah

#4 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Local time: 12:27 PM
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

sounds interesting

good  that they have a plan ,what do they intend to do ?

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tiger Conservation, India Safaris, Save the Tiger, National Parks of India, Tiger Safaris

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.