See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

SAVING MEGAFAUNA SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE WITH APPEAL

OPEN ACCESS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,793 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

here is a major appeal from 42 scientists to save endangered wildlife

William J Ripple  and others   Saving the world's terrestrial megafauna  BIOSCIENCE ADVANCE dated  24 July 2016  

Please see   http://www.bioscienc...2.full.pdf html

the article documents the poor state of affairs and makes an appeal  for remedial action

Edited by COSMIC RHINO, 01 August 2016 - 05:13 AM.

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

#2 egilio

egilio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Local time: 07:13 PM
  • Category 1:Conservationist/Naturalist
  • Category 2:Ecologist

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:34 AM

I get an error message when I click on your link. But your link is the exact same one as I get when I go to the journal and then to the pdf of the article.

Here's the link to the article, on that page you can chose to see the full text in pdf or html, I hope that works: http://bioscience.ox...092.short?rss=1

The article highlights a very serious issue, even though it's published in a scientific journal, it's not technical and easy to follow, I recommend to read it!

#3 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,793 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

Sorry about the link

the issues are very  important , it is written in a clear and easy to understand way so the message  will get out  and hopefully something will be done about it

avoiding technical writing means that  message can be und4rstood by the general public and policymakers

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.