cheaper Kruger Pvt camps umlani, africa on foot,kwa mbili 2016

COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

guys I later checked the shops at ORITA , well neither the pharmacy or Woolworths have razors ,it might be a good idea to take a spare from home

COSMIC RHINO

the comments on razors are practical advice , I do not want someone grumpy at airline checkin or immigataion saying that my passport photo does not have a beard or mo

one of the dominant male leopards fought of his farther for a breeding territory

Edited by COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

The transfer group used was very reliable in terms of arriving at the camp so I could connect with the Ashtons shuttle.

they arrived seriously in advance of the time I was told to allow for , I had a quick breakfast and was qiven a bag of fruit to eat

the manager aked me to check for my passport before leaving

the transfer driver was interesting and friendly , he does both transfers and safaris as he is also registered as a ranger

he told me that he had wanted to meet Steve Irwin the Wildlife Warrior

I noticed that there was a long section of the main road not that far from Eastgate airport which was only useable in one direction. It could have been 500 meters or more long , the other side was seriously cracked down several meters lower as a result of flood damage in 2012. a repair contract had been awarded , substantial advance payments had been made by the council , but no repair work, and no one investigated what was going on.

we got to bones pub in good time and meet some of the locals who were watching super rugby

amongst them were a couple who did mountain biking , the man had large wifi internet connected pedometer on the front of one of his shoes . They both were going in a 95 km race over bush tracks to raise money for Rotary, the woman regulary did 20km on her bike in 1 hour after coming home from work.

Ashtons was on time and arrived back at ORITA 10 minutes early

offshorebirder

Here are some more photos from Thornybush that I converted for @@COSMIC RHINO. I particularly like some of the White Rhino and Hippo shots.

gallery_47829_1591_889365.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_789016.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_569896.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_540818.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_499921.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_233934.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_616874.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_647031.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_40005.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_393303.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_299429.jpg

gallery_47829_1591_232964.jpg

Edited by offshorebirder

offshorebirder

More Thornybush photos.

* The one of the White Rhino trotting towards the camera is fantastic. And I like the photo of the affectionate White Rhino a lot.

The Leopard looks like he had been in a scrap.

gallery_47829_1592_399968.jpg

gallery_47829_1592_477092.jpg

gallery_47829_1592_409912.jpg

gallery_47829_1592_34089.jpg

gallery_47829_1592_548461.jpg

gallery_47829_1592_102193.jpg

COSMIC RHINO

the leopard fought of his farther to take over a breeding territory

the son jumped over the fence with timbavati uasing a nearby tree as an aid

COSMIC RHINO

the white rhino were getting together as a group and physically bonding in 2015, I stayed there with the guide for over 30 minutes

COSMIC RHINO

a larger white rhino calf who's mother died of old age was taken to the Hoedspruit endangered species centre when he failed to a family heard

COSMIC RHINO

it was at Thornybush that someone else got a problem with their SLR

a message came on the screen that the camera was rejecting the lens as it was too dirty which zoomed up to about 200 mm, so on game drive they changed to the short zoom lens

back in camp since there was nothing much else on offer I cleaned about the camera mount and the lens mount with eucalyptus oil

this restored the ability to use the lens in manual focus only

COSMIC RHINO

well you don't get lens rejection problems with an advanced compact camera

overall my trip was wonderful

thanks to offshorebirder, super leeds and Geoff with loading photos

I was somewhat amazed to see someone waering a UZZI t shirt at ORITA , what a wonderful way to get lots of extra attention from airport security