Help with Identifying Kenyan Bird please

TonyQ

Could anyone help with identifying this Kenyan bird please?

We saw it in Meru National Park in January.

post-45513-0-32712200-1465912459_thumb.jpg

post-45513-0-84117700-1465912478_thumb.jpg

Many thanks!

post-45513-0-32712200-1465912459_thumb.jpg

post-45513-0-84117700-1465912478_thumb.jpg

I can't help you myself but will say it has a look of being juvenile with the slightly rumpled feathers and what maybe the last of the chicks yellow beak still showing. If so you will have trouble getting a solid ID from a book. That of course makes ST the perfect place to ask. :)

armchair bushman

I'm not willing to bet my life on it, but I believe it's an immature Rosy-Patched Bush-Shrike (Rhodophoneus cruentus).

@@Big Andy

Thank you - that makes sense. (And it is a good place to ask!)

@@armchair bushman

Thank you. We saw a Rosy-Patched Bush-Shrike the previous day, and I can see a lot of similarities

post-45513-0-00976000-1466008040_thumb.jpg

I think you are right :)

• 5 weeks later...