Kgalagadi and Londolozi: The Living Desert and Desserts to Die For

Safaridude

Peter Connan

Stunning work @@Safaridude!

ElaineAust

Thank you so much @@Safaridude.

As a solo traveler, I did not think I would get to CKGR but I am now in discussions with Natasha for May 2017.

Cheers

Elaine

Thank you very much for the amazing photos and great commentary! I absolutely loved the KTP photos, but especially the evening / night drive photos of Londolozi are stunning as well. Thank you for sharing your experience! I will visit KTP in June and am looking forward to it big time! :)

ElaineAust

Hi @@Safaridude

CKGR with a mix of traditional and wilderness camps for 9 nights in May. If I can't swing that it is off to Kafue and Lower Zambezi a bit later in 2017.

Oh the choices one must make.

E

Simply a fantastic report! I was very very late to the thread, but had the advantage of experiencing it all in one go. Hard to single out any particular photo when they are all worthy of individual attention, but I do really enjoy the spotlit photos towards the end. Gorgeous!

Also neat to see camps/locations which offer such different experiences. Seems like they complemented each other well for this trip.

Echoing everyone but you aren't done yet, are you? I've only just caught up. I don't feel I've had enough of your photos.

@@Safaridude

Superb photos... and report... yet again!

Atravelynn

"A hint of a smidgen of light before sunrise" turned into beautiful golden light for your lion shots. The spotlight, moon, and sunset produced some great light as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Captivating narrative and superb photography @@Safaridude.

Love your eye for every detail such as- Road in the process of drying out #14

Reckon I'd be happy to sit on the decking for hours watching the handsome gemsbok on salt pan #47

Am still musing over those wildcat sightings in daytime. Whilst I've had some good nocturnal sightings (all in Kafue) my daytime sightings have been two (Selinda years back and Kafue 2014) and they were both quick to disappear.

Yours however look quite relaxed and happy to pose. Beautiful.

What a fantastic report! Can't believe I somehow missed this - I have caught up with the KTP Part so far. So much for the KTP leaving you wanting more, you have had a great trip with some epic sightings - but yeah I do get exactly what you mean. Boy do I wish I could pack Benson with me for my September self-drive here!!! :D He has some amazing eagle eyes to see all that in relatively short period of time.

I really enjoyed your wonderful photos, I think they all convey your experience and sightings very well. I just loved the photo of the 2 cheeky lions on the lodge walkways!!! :lol:

@@Safaridude you make even the most experienced safari goer want to visit Londolozi. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved your photos.I would love to visit it myself because the wildlife and the opportunities for photography are simply outstanding.

Safaridude

@@Caracal

I'll be darned if KTP isn't the best place for African wildcats. I have had multiple sightings in each of my three trips to KTP (and all of them in trees, by the way).

@@Caracal

Indeed the African Wild Cat is easily to be seen in Kgalagadi. And not only on trees, we have seen them also on the ground ... multiple times.

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the outstanding report and amazing photography. This is making me even more excited for my return trip to Londolozi next month.

• 4 months later...
vikramghanekar

@Safaridude Captivating words accompanied by outstanding photographs. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Did you book your KTP accommodation yourself or did Benson do it for you and handled the logistics (vehicle/catering) as well?

• 3 weeks later...