Elefromoz and her first year

elefromoz

A few stragglers from 2016, couldn't quite make the 200 though.

174. Bridled Tern

gallery_49445_1540_1922756.jpg

175. Richards Pipit

gallery_49445_1540_187435.jpg

176. Great Crested Grebe

gallery_49445_1540_5572241.jpg

177. Common Sandpiper, I been chasing this Bird for months, always got a close sighting when I didn't have my camera, when I did it would be un-cooperative

gallery_49445_1540_1416559.jpg

178. Great Knot out on the sandbar, you'll have to believe me

gallery_49445_1540_3010876.jpg

179. Fairy Tern

gallery_49445_1540_1666306.jpg

gallery_49445_1540_4208529.jpg

180. Emu

gallery_49445_1540_5211464.jpg

So its been fun, and most importantly I've got to really enjoy the Birds and their behaviour. Its also been great seeing what others have at home and away, some same, some so very, very different.

@@elefromoz

Well done for 2016. A great total! I have really enjoyed following your thread, and in particular seeing your local birds. I agree with your statement about the enjoyment of seeing the birds and their behaviour - it has been a real treat.

Really enjoyed this thread, Australian birds are totally unkown to me, so I learned a lot - thank you!

Great job @@elefromoz. I've probably not even heard of half the birds on you're list so its great learning about all these unknown species! Still not a birder but I have a lot of appreciation now.

Yep, Those Common Sandpipers (not so common in Australia) are very skittish. I've been chasing one about for over 6 weeks now and haven't come close to pressing the shutter button.