See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Kenya news

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,627 posts
  • Local time: 11:35 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

The coverage in the DAILY NATION and EASTERN STANDARD no longer updated the case

this case may not be the easiest to solve

Edited by COSMIC RHINO, 24 May 2016 - 09:27 AM.

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

#22 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Local time: 04:35 AM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident
  • Category 2:---

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

The problem with poor building standards is even worse in Uganda. I have posted it here because it's here that I originally posted about the deaths in Nairobi due to poor building standards.

http://allafrica.com...1605240787.html

#23 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

Please note that President Kenyatta is now trying to appear like a PAN African leader in leading in the fight against illegal wildlife trafficking.However, as well all know he is doing it for an alterior reason;elections are coming up next year. I hope that South Africa will follow Kenya's example and destroy its stockpile of elephants ivory and rhino horn.

http://allafrica.com...1605260943.html

#24 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

A number of articles have recently appeared in the DAILY NATION http://www.nation.co.ke     about the Jacob Juma murder case

• he had contacted a foreign diplomat  with a view to giving him a dossier on corruption ,please see 25 may  MINISTER AND MP SHARED SECRET HOUSE WITH JACOB JUMA
  • someone gave the DAILY NATION  a copy of the autopsy  report, it would appear that he was killed elsewhere, then his body was moved into his car, please 25 may  JACOB JUMA AUTOPSY REPORT RAISES MORE QUIESTIONS ON HIS DEATH
  • the police has questioned a very well politically  connected millionaire about the case, please see 30 May POLICE QUESTION CITY MILLIONAIRE OVER JACOB JUMA DEATH

Edited by COSMIC RHINO, 30 May 2016 - 08:47 AM.

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

#25 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:50 AM

This is good news because ex poachers make the best rangers.Furthermore, as I know very well if poachers are given the opportunity to regular employment, they simply will stop poaching. Poachers earn very little and run terrible risks.

http://www.theguardi...ure-communities

Edited by optig, 31 May 2016 - 06:53 AM.

#26 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:51 AM

surprisingly Mr Juba's body  was found with crepe bandages and no blood was in the driver's seat

Edited by COSMIC RHINO, 31 May 2016 - 06:52 AM.

#27 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

It's interesting that nobody in Nairobi heard about the largest massacre of the Kenyan army in history.All the news of this was censored by the government.I think that the government didn't want to let the public know how poor its own intelligence was.I also feel that they failed to listen to its' allies intelligence reports.We need to take into consideration that this attack happened one year before the election.

http://edition.cnn.c...acre/index.html

#28 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

this is very unfortunate

some governments like to be very controlling, the press is no challenge and the people just accept what they are told

Edited by COSMIC RHINO, 02 June 2016 - 03:18 AM.

#29 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:47 AM

domestic violence  is a major worldwide problem

if you look on the DAILY NATION you will  find a series of reports

this case is particulary shocking

http://www.nation.co...fb3w/index.html

the couple were having fertility problems, his response was to cut of both her hands

when the case rapidly went to court, someone gave  evidence that he was of good character as he was a past member of a choir

Words fail me to say how appauling this case is 

Edited by COSMIC RHINO, 11 August 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#30 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

This is good news for Kenyan flower growers most  of whom are women. They will be able to much more productive. They'll also be able to apply this technology to growing fruits,and vegetables. 

Nonetheless,the biggest problem in Kenyan agriculture isn't being addressed-the fact that so much of the most fertile,productive land in Kenya is in the hands of the biggest,most powerful,and richest families. They simply have no interest in developing it. It should be leased to farmers. There is so much potential in so many areas including having more game farms,a and combining them with raising livestock. Lakipia is the perfect example of that.

http://www.bbc.com/n...siness-37384177

Edited by optig, 03 November 2016 - 07:50 AM.

#31 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

http://allafrica.com...1701250282.html

One can see that for a small price people not only have power,but that women are increasingly protected and empowered. This is a winning  situation for all.

#32 samburumags

samburumags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Local time: 01:35 PM
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

Great strides are also being made to stop FGM amongst the tribes, especially in Samburu and the Mara

But, in the gathering darkness, deep behind my soul, someone, something whispers "Africa"" (Mark Owens "Secrets of the Savannah")

#33 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

As well as the Pokot and Turkana. 

#34 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

http://www.bbc.com/n...siness-38680093

I have to think of the incredible ramifications of this not only for Kenya-but for all of Africa. One can have television without even having access to an electrical grid. Thus one could also 

have internet. 

#35 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

http://reut.rs/2km6kUN

Again it shows that traffickers in wildlife come in all colors and belong to all nationalities. Not only that but criminal syndicates which deal with wildlife products are almost always involved in other illicit activities.

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.