South West, Western Australia

elefromoz

A few from the garden a couple of weekends ago

Scarlet Robin

gallery_49445_1529_103071.jpg

Western Rosella Female (bit unsure on that)

gallery_49445_1529_30016.jpg

New Holland Honey Eater

gallery_49445_1529_101331.jpg

Golden Whistler

gallery_49445_1529_15855.jpg

"I have no idea bird", hoping @@Geoff might be able to help out. Thinking female/imm Golden Whistler??

gallery_49445_1529_13337.jpg

A bit of a look at its wings

gallery_49445_1529_77892.jpg

@@elefromoz You're half right. It's an immature male Golden Whistler. Compare it to the male in the images directly above and you can see the adult plumage starting to come through.

A great selection of garden birds.

Btw... I've heard that female Golden whistlers are the most misidentified Aussie bird.

@@elefromoz You're half right. It's an immature male Golden Whistler. Compare it to the male in the images directly above and you can see the adult plumage starting to come through.

A great selection of garden birds.

Btw... I've heard that female Golden whistlers are the most misidentified Aussie bird.

Thanks @@Geoff, so I have the Male and the immature Male. Challenge, to find the Female ( and see how many times I get it wrong)