See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Doug Macdonald

Safaritalk Mana Pools Special Safari guided By Doug Macdonald 2016 and NOW 2017

42 posts in this topic

I have heard back from Doug who has confirmed there is space and no single supplement - just sorting out a 'formal' sign-up and how to pay the deposit and I'm good to go!

6 people like this

Deposit sent and relevant forms filled out. Just 13+ months wait now...

2 people like this

@@pomkiwi great news, you'll have an amazing time. Finally there is someone on ST waiting longer than me to get back out to Zim. A smidge under 12 months for me!

@@ld1 But I must confess to having a few days in Timbavati for next May馃榾

@@pomkiwi jel.com. My champagne eyes and Pepsi pockets are not a great combo alongside my safari addiction 馃槵

most likely I will be one of those grabbing a spot on Doug's 2017 ST Special. For a number of reasons I am considering road transfers from and to Harare. A question to those who've done this: how does this trip compare to say road transfers between Nairobi and the Mara (for me quite ok), between Arusha and Ndutu (tougher) or between Dar and Selous (barely bearable). Also, how much time will the road transfers in Zimbabwe take?

thanks

could somebody who has travelled with Doug in the past or least visited some of those places Doug has on his itineraries please contact me via pm?

thanks

So who else is coming in November 2017? :D

I have just confirmed an itinerary with Chloe, for myself and a friend. To my great disappointment, my son was unable to join us.

Anybody else coming?

Looks like in 2017 we will only be staying at mobile safari camps. Could some of those who have traveled with Doug in the past explain how batteries can be charged?

thanks

@@ice

In the car, any time. No problem at all, charged them daily.

@@ice

In the car, any time. No problem at all, charged them daily.

That duty falls to the camp staff and both Tailormade and Natureways were very attentive in returning the batteries to us and asking if we had any batteries to charge.

Anyone else except me interested in doing road transfers between Harare and Mana Pools rather than fly in and out? If there is more of us, we mgiht even save some money.

My sister, a 'lurker' on Safaritalk, has decided to join us.

@@ice, we will be flying in and out of Mana Pools. As someone who is prone to travel sickness, I may live to regret that!

@@ice I plan to stick with the flights I think. Particularly on the way home I might be on a tight timetable and in any event I am reasonably happy to avoid a 5-6 hour drive in after a long journey to reach Harare.

I must apologise for not providing an update, but @@Doug Macdonald informed me via email in November that this special is now full and thus I'm closing the topic to new replies. However, if you are booked to go on the trip, please do feel free to start a new topic in the Africa Trip Planning subforum so any other Safaritalkers also booked on it can contribute as well.

Matt