See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

GAMEWATCHERS SAFARIS & PORINI CAMPS: SPECIAL DONATION TO SAFARITALK

Donation Safaritalk fund Porini camps Kenya Adventure camps Gamewatchers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JakeGC

JakeGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 11:14 PM
  • Category 1:Lodge Owner/Manager
  • Category 2:Conservationist/Naturalist

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:40 AM

Further to our previous special offer for Safaritalk members booking to stay in our adventure camps, for any registered members of Safaritalk who book with Gamewatchers Safaris to stay at our Porini Camps, a donation of 5% of the charges relating to the Porini Camps daily rate will be made to a Safaritalk Fund managed by us to be used for conservation projects approved by Matt. For example there is a need to provide lion lights for use around Maasai livestock bomas - the use of such lights helps negate instances of human wildlife conflict and we are working with local communities to install more. 

Working with Safaritalk, we'll provide updates on how much has gone into the fund and how this is being applied.

The donation applies to new bookings made direct with Gamewatchers Safaris from 14th April 2016 onwards and includes Nairobi Tented Camp and Gamewatchers Adventure Camps, including the previously listed Adventure Camps Special Offer.

Porini properties include:

Attached File  porini amboseli.jpg   112.47KB   0 downloads

Porini Amboseli - Selenkay Conservancy

Attached File  porini bush camp.jpg   128.63KB   0 downloads

Porini Bush Camp - Ol Kinyei Conservancy

Attached File  porini lion.jpg   80.45KB   0 downloads

Porini Lion - Olare Motorogi Conservancy

Attached File  porini mara.jpg   185.75KB   0 downloads

Porini Mara - Ol Kinyei Conservancy

Attached File  porini rhino.jpg   96.86KB   0 downloads

Porini Rhino - Ol Pejeta

Attached File  porini nairobi.jpg   269.32KB   0 downloads

Nairobi Tented Camp - Nairobi National Park

gallery_1_1501_953261.jpg

Gamewatchers adventure camps

The daily rates for the Porini Camps can be seen on our website here:

www.porini.com/special-offers/porini-prices

To secure the donation for Safaritalk when making a booking for the Porini Camps, please book by email directly through our Safari Consultant, Robyn (robyn@gamewatchers.com), stating SAFARITALK PORINI BOOKING in the subject line and indicating your Safaritalk screen name in the enquiry. Robyn will notify Matt at Safaritalk whenever a booking is made so that our contribution can be recorded. Should anyone have any questions, feel free to put them to Robyn, or add them as a reply below where I'll reply personally.

We look forward to having more Safaritalkers staying with us in future,

Best regards, Jake Grieves-Cook.

• Game Warden, Geoff, JohnR and 2 others like this
Gamewatcher's Safaris, Kenya:

www.porini.com l Twitter l Facebook

Take a virtual tour of our safari camps.

#2 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,666 posts
  • Local time: 10:14 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:28 AM

thanks that is a very generous and worthwhile offer

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

#3 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,407 posts
  • Local time: 12:14 AM
  • Category 2:---

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

@JakeGC Thank you so much for believing in Safaritalk and helping me to set this up and extend this 5% donation offer to Safaritalk members. It has always been an objective of mine for Safaritalk to make a positive and tangible difference, (albeit in a limited way), in Africa and working with tourism operators who know the area and what is needed, already having the connections on the ground makes so much sense. 

Matt

• JakeGC and bettel like this

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#4 wilddog

wilddog

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 2,397 posts
  • Category 2:---

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Great initiative for ST members. Will done to @Game Warden and @JakeGC

Sadly I am booked up this year, but this looks really attractive and will contribute to local conservatiion initiatives

• JakeGC likes this

#5 Seniortraveller

Seniortraveller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

My sister and I plan to book the Adventure Camp offer for February/March 2017. This is an added incentive.

Had to edit this because my ' smiley face ' emoticon at the end didn't show. You will just have to imagine it!

Edited by Seniortraveller, 15 April 2016 - 05:22 PM.

• Game Warden and AmyT like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donation, Safaritalk fund, Porini camps, Kenya, Adventure camps, Gamewatchers

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.