See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Offbeat Safaris Discount to Safari Talk Members

Meru Big Five Tented Camp Birding Rhino

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offbeat Safaris

Offbeat Safaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 AM
  • Category 1:Lodge Owner/Manager
  • Category 2:Conservationist/Naturalist

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

We at Offbeat Safaris are delighted to work with Matt on this initiative and are offering a 10% discount to all Safari Talkers staying at Offbeat Meru Camp in 2016.  This discount applies to all new bookings from 1st June to 31st December 2016 and applies to the accommodation rates only (excludes conservation fees which go directly to the Kenya Wildlife Service).

In addition to the 10% discount, Offbeat Safaris will donate a further 5% to an extremely worthy charitable trust know as Community Health Africa Trust (CHAT).  CHAT are pioneers in tackling Kenya’s largest challenge; that of an unmanaged and escalating population.  At the current rate of increase, pressure on resources and land will cripple Kenya unless drastic measures are taken.  Wilderness areas will have to be cleared of wildlife to make space for livestock, or ploughed up for crops.  At Offbeat Safaris we believe that empowering the women of Kenya to make their own choices on issues such as family planning, is the first step to protecting this rich environment and the wildlife that it hosts.  Acting at the root of human/animal conflict issues is the most effective remedy.  We want to ensure space for both.  Less than $2 can provide a 3-5 year contraceptive plan for 1 woman.  Last year CHAT reached 30,000 women.  Offbeat Safaris are committed to keeping up this momentum and helping CHAT make a significant difference in the face of little governmental help. (You can find out more about CHAT by visiting their website at www.chatafrica.org)

Offbeat Meru Camp is only too aware of the pressures of human populations on Meru National Park and its surrounding areas and our presence in the Bisinadi Reserve (which immediately borders the park) has helped protect these boundaries.  Being a small and semi-permanent camp we have very little impact on our environment and wildlife is free to pass by (and through) camp.  We have 6 large safari tents (including a family unit) plus the main mess tent.    Meru is low and hot…and our well-positioned swimming pool is extremely well received by all guests!

Game drives are conducted within Meru National Park and wildlife viewing is highly rewarding. With all of the ‘Big Five’ plus outstanding birding opportunities and wonderful vistas, Meru truly is a hidden gem, off the beaten track.

Full rates at Offbeat Meru range from $380 to $530 per adult per night, depending on time of year.  Teen and child discounts also apply.  The 10% Safari Talkers Discount will be taken off these rates, plus a further 5% going to CHAT.  Conservations fees are $95 per adult per day.

Full board accommodation (including all drinks), all game drives and activities, plus laundry and airstrip transfers are included.

This special discount applies to Safaritalk members and family members who book to stay at Offbeat Meru and can be used in conjunction with other special offers at Offbeat Meru.

How to book: contact Nadege Dubois-Seex of Offbeat Safaris via email: bookings@offbeatsafaris.com stating SAFARITALK SPECIAL OFFER in the subject line and mentioning your Safaritalk screen name in the enquiry so that the discounted price is applied and advise the dates that you wish to book and the names of the persons travelling.

Your stay at Offbeat Meru can form part of a greater Kenya safari including other Offbeat properties, eg. Sosian Lodge and/or Offbeat Mara.  Nadege will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the safari and can also help you plan your itinerary and internal transfers.  You are also welcome to post any questions in this topic below and we at Offbeat Safaris will reply here.

We look forward to hosting you at Offbeat Meru soon.

The Offbeat Safaris team.

Attached Files

• PT123, pault, amybatt and 7 others like this
Offbeat Safaris. Luxury camps and lodges in Kenya. www.offbeatsafaris.com l Facebook l Twitter

#2 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,485 posts
  • Local time: 08:32 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

~ @Offbeat Safaris

Welcome to Safaritalk!

Thank you for taking the time to join us.

Your special Safaritalk offer is very generous.

I like all of your images. What a beautiful camp it is!

Having visited Meru National Park three times, I know what a lovely area it is.

I hope that many Safaritalk members will be able to make use of this superb offer.

Tom K.

• Offbeat Safaris likes this

#3 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,462 posts
  • Local time: 01:32 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:29 PM

Thank you so much for posting this @Offbeat Safaris and making this offer available for Safaritalk members. The idea of a 5% donation to a local grass roots organisation really is a step towards achieving my ambition of having Safaritalk make a positive and tangible difference in Africa.

A couple of recent trip reports featuring stays at Offbeat Meru include:

The Offbeat circuit safari in Kenya, January 2016

Kenya after the Rains (mostly): Meru, Ol Pejeta, Olare Motorogi

And you can read my interview with the Offbeat team, dealing specifically with Meru National Park, here.

• Kitsafari, TonyQ, mapumbo and 3 others like this

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#4 Atravelynn

Atravelynn

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 9,952 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

Thank you for thinking of us.  Some day I hope to think of you and take you up on an offer!

• Offbeat Safaris likes this
When you think of a rhino, think of a tree (African proverb)

#5 TonyQ

TonyQ

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

@Offbeat Safaris

Thank you for this offer.

We were at Offbeat Meru in January and had a wonderful time. Excellent camp, excellent guiding, excellent park.

• mapumbo and Offbeat Safaris like this

#6 Offbeat Safaris

Offbeat Safaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:34 AM

~ @Offbeat Safaris

Welcome to Safaritalk!

Thank you for taking the time to join us.

Your special Safaritalk offer is very generous.

I like all of your images. What a beautiful camp it is!

Having visited Meru National Park three times, I know what a lovely area it is.

I hope that many Safaritalk members will be able to make use of this superb offer.

Tom K.

Thank you for the warm welcome!  We look forward to meeting many more Safaritalk members!

Offbeat Safaris. Luxury camps and lodges in Kenya. www.offbeatsafaris.com l Facebook l Twitter

#7 AndyH1000

AndyH1000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

@Offbeat Safaris   Thanks for the offer - it's enticing and great to see operators targeting the repeat visitor market. 

Something for you to consider: I have 2 kids aged 9 and 10 years. With Elewana / Elsa's Kopje, the kids are free. This changes the equation a little. I would be interested to understand your openness to adjusting your proposition for families.

Cheers,

Andy

#8 Offbeat Safaris

Offbeat Safaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

@Offbeat Safaris   Thanks for the offer - it's enticing and great to see operators targeting the repeat visitor market. 

Something for you to consider: I have 2 kids aged 9 and 10 years. With Elewana / Elsa's Kopje, the kids are free. This changes the equation a little. I would be interested to understand your openness to adjusting your proposition for families.

Cheers,

Andy

Dear Andy

Many thanks for your comments/questions.  Based on the normal published rates Offbeat Meru is significantly cheaper than Elsa's Kopje.  They are very different products/experiences.  With the offer that you mention above I assume that Elsa's Kopje can afford to give this as they are starting with a much higher rate. 

At Offbeat Meru children are half price and teenagers 3/4.  Having a quick look at the figures, in mid season for example, and applying FOC to your children at Elsa's, Offbeat Meru works out at $176 more per night for your whole family.  However, apply the 10% Safaritalk discount that we are offering and the two properties work out the same.  Offbeat then add a further 5% to Community Heath Africa Trust.  Based on this you then need to decide if you want a luxury lodge or tented camp experience!  Both offer wonderful guiding and Meru National Park at your disposal!

#9 CaroleE

CaroleE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:22 PM

I've almost booked a trip including a stay at Offbeat Meru. Waiting for an email that all has been confirmed.

Thank you for allowing me to book with this special offer, even though I didn't book it directly through yourselves. Much appreaciated.

Now when that email comes I will be able to say, I am finally going to visit Meru :)

• Game Warden, Kitsafari and AmyT like this

Some work to live. Others live to work. I live and work to travel

#10 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,462 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

@CaroleE That means a trip report ;)

• CaroleE likes this

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#11 CaroleE

CaroleE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

@CaroleE That means a trip report ;)

I was afraid someone would point this out :)

Just about to add the last couple of posts to my Tanzania one...... one big added bonus with trip reports, they allow you to re-visit your trip and enjoy it all over again!

#12 CaroleE

CaroleE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:53 PM

@Offbeat Safaris

Thank you to everyone at Offbeat Meru for a fantastic stay. I now know why everyone on Safaritalk has been so enthusiastic about Meru! Your camp is the ideal base, it had everything I needed. Also a shout out to the great team in camp. And of course you need an excellent guide and I definitely had one of those in Dominick.

Keep an eye open, there will be a trip report on here soon.......

• Kitsafari, TonyQ and offshorebirder like this

#13 Kitsafari

Kitsafari

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 2,896 posts
  • Local time: 08:32 AM
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:10 AM

I would love to take up the offer but ive got this year all locked up. hopefully you will offer the same for the near future to ST members?!

#14 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,462 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:21 AM

With Offbeat Meru scheduled to close at the end of October, 2016, as reported here, I have closed this topic to new posts.

Matt

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meru, Big Five, Tented Camp, Birding, Rhino

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.