Tdgraves big year 2016

Tdgraves

@@Peter Connan not that I have found so far. It is so annoying that I didn't even get a single shot of a yellow-billed stork in the KNP or even a (not so common) starling here. If only I hadn't forgotten my zoom lens on our few days away in the U.K., then there could have been an extremely small speck of a flock of avocet in the distance...... :(

gallery_37950_1515_3961200.jpg

This is what they looked like with a 35mm lens :wacko:

the tiny specks of white on the point of the penninsula, in case you were wondering

Edited by Tdgraves

Peter Connan

Oh well. Such a pity to have to end on 249.

But that's quite a few more than I'm going to end up on.

@@Tdgraves

Always happy to help a fellow birder. BTW we have already started to collect first birds for Big Year 2017 !

@@Tdgraves Well I expect you to top 200 species too. :D

Fingers crossed - it is a different ecosystem, so hopefully, otherwise I may have to explore more here, but the weather is not making me want to go outside at the moment.....

No contest. You smashed the 200 mark.

Thanks for sharing your year with me. It has made the gaps between trips bearable and go faster.