See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Zakouma: A conservation success story

Zakouma Chad APN Elephants Sahel Soudanian savana

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeremie

jeremie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (first-time visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

In January, 4 new elephants were shot down by poachers at Zakouma National Park, Chad.

But as the title of the articule states, Zakouma is one of APN best conservation story.

http://travelafricam...?v=79cba1185463

• Tom Kellie likes this

#2 jeremie

jeremie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (first-time visitor)

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

There is a remarquable article on Zakouma NP on Nat Geo, which resumes the 6 last years of chalenges and success inside the park.

http://news.national...nt&sf53262329=1

I am really sad to discover that the Labushagne will leave Zakouma soon and pass the management of the park in new hands. Rian did a great job there...

I would love to sea Siniaka-Mina restored the in the short term.

#3 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Local time: 09:51 AM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:20 AM

Yes, there can be no doubt that he did a great job in Zakouma.  I was saddened to hear about the deaths of 4 elephants in January,nevertheless,the elephant population is on the increase. Fortunately the Chadian army has now reinforced the rangers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zakouma, Chad, APN, Elephants, Sahel, Soudanian savana

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.