xelas

@@Ladouce

The cabins are all fully equipped with bed linens, blankets for colder nights, and towels. We have not brought any additional item. Maybe you should have your own shampoo and conditioner, I do not remember 100% but to my knowlege there was a shower gel in the bathroom.

@@Ladouce

The cabins are all fully equipped with bed linens, blankets for colder nights, and towels. We have not brought any additional item. Maybe you should have your own shampoo and conditioner, I do not remember 100% but to my knowlege there was a shower gel in the bathroom.

@@xelas thanks! So we do not even have to bother with towels. That will save us some stuff in our luggage. I assume that this will be the same for Augrabies. We always take our own shampoo and showergel so that is fine.

• 2 months later...

Hi Alex, while planning a trip to KTP for next year, unfortunately much shorter than yours, I read yout TR and I can't add much to what others already said, great and very entertaining writting and (sorry but it is the truth :)) even better pictures.

Now the long waiting beggins......

Thanks, @@pedro maia , and I do know already I am the weakest link in our travellin' family :P !

Months will fly-by while reading excellent TR on this forum, both from Kgalagadi and from elsewhere.

Edited by xelas

Fantastic trip and wonderful report and photos! Thanks for putting this together and sharing.

Brings back some great memories of my one and only visit there in 2004, although I hope to return again soon.

Rob, thanks for taking your time and reading it, and for your kind words. I am sure you will enjoy Namibia as much as we had (and will)!

• 1 month later...

Hi Alex ( @@xelas ), thanks for your comment and comparison between KTP and KNP on Guidoriccio's TR! You mentioned that you have done KNP and KTP back-to-back, do you have a report on this trip or it is not out yet?

@@FlyTraveler

Back-to-back was Kgalagadi in February and Kruger in Oct/Nov. TR will be - hopefully - posted within end of this year. But you can always contact me for more comments, as long as they are still fresh ...

Edited by xelas

@@FlyTraveler

Back-to-back was Kgalagadi in February and Kruger in Oct/Nov. TR will be - hopefully - posted within end of this year. But you can always contact me for more comments, as long as they are still fresh ...

Thanks Alex, nothing urgent regarding KNP. I'll just wait for your report. Good for you - two safaris this year!

Edited by FlyTraveler

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2016 at 1:00 AM, xelas said:

The Itinerary:

01 Feb Nossob Camp

02 Feb Nossob Camp

03 Feb Grootkolk Wilderness Camp

04 Feb Gharagab Wilderness Camp

05 Feb Gharagab Wilderness Camp

06 Feb Bitterpan Wilderness Camp

07 Feb Kielikrankie Wilderness Camp

08 Feb Kielikrankie Wilderness Camp

09 Feb Kalahari Tented Camp

10 Feb Kalahari Tented Camp

11 Feb Kalahari tented Camp

@xelas Just wondering what suggestions you'd have for the choice and sequence of camps on a stay of approximately the same length if entering from/returning to Namibia (recognizing that the choice is dependent upon what's available).  Thanks in advance for your expert opinion!