1) Name of property and country: (Please also include name of property and country as topic title and include as tags as well)
Ol Donyo Lodge Chyulu Hills.
2) Website address if known:
3) Date of stay, including whether Green Season, Shoulder season or High season pricing (if known).
February in Shoulder Season.
4) Length of stay:
5) Why did you choose this camp or lodge to stay in? Based upon what?
I chose the lodge based upon the extraordinary reviews it received as well as the fact that chili Hills National Park wasn't overrun by vans of tourists. It also offered amazing views of Kilimanjaro as well as huge tuskers.
6) How did you book the property, direct or agent? Were your enquiries dealt with quickly and efficiently?
I booked through Rose Muya a Kenyan travel agent who owns Timeless Tours and Travels based in Lavington. Rose did a superb job answering all my queries and managed to obtain resident rates despite the fact that I don't have formal residency.
7) How many times have you been on Safari?
This was my 9th safari.
8) To which countries?
Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa. I am also looking froward to going to Ethiopia, the Congo [DRC].
9) Which properties have you been to previously that you are comparing this one to?
Ol Donyo Lodge is a very upmarket and exclusive property so I couldn't really compare it to something else.
10) Was the camp/lodge fenced?
11) How many rooms/tents does it have?
12) What tent or room did you stay in? Did it have a good view? Was it overlooked or private?
I dont remember the room number. It had a great view and very private.
13) How comfortably furnished was the room/tent?
The room had a comfortable bed.
14) Did you like the food? If yes, please state why. If no, please state why.
The food was superb and of the highest standard.
15) Was there a varied menu offering multiple choice? If vegetarian was a suitable alternative offered? (Did you have to request this in advance?)
Yes there were various choices available at dinner and lunch and all tastes were well accommodated.
16) What is the default dining arrangement? Single tables or communal dining? Do the guides/managers host at mealtimes?
It was communal however, people who wanted to dine alone were welcomed to do so. Amy and Shaun were always available at meals and tea time.
17) How good were the packed breakfasts/lunches if staying out on game drives?
The food was good.
18) What are the game drive vehicles? Please include photo if possible.
They were Landcruisers.
P1000110.JPG 135.43KB 1 downloads
19) How many guests per row?
I had my own Landcruiser with both my guide and a budding guide.
20) How long were the game drives and were they varied in the routes taken?
One had the option to stay out as long as they want. The routes were also varied.
21) What are the standard game drive times? Are game drive times flexible: i.e., if agreed in advance, can you go out earlier than suggested and stay out later, i.e., not returning for lunch but taking supplies with you?
You leave at six in the morning and come back when done. The times are totally flexible.
22) Is this a private conservancy/concession, and what is the vehicle/lodge density like?
The lodge is in a huge private concession. I never saw another vehicle in Chyulu Hills while I was there not even another one from my lodge.
23) If in a National Park, what is the vehicle density in the immediate vicinity?
Yes it is a National Park. There were no vehicles.
24) Are you able to off-road?
Yes you could off-road.
25) Are there rotation policies for sightings i.e., You face the risk of queuing or being bumped from a sighting.
Not at all.
26) What wildlife is this property known for? Did you get good sightings?
Elephants, giraffes, baboons and gerenuk. I did get great sightings.
27) How was the standard of guiding?
28) If you had a bad experience with a guide, why? Did you report the issue to management, and if so, how did they deal with the issue?
29) If you had a very good experience with your guide, please give reasons why:
My guide Jeremiah and trainee another Jeremiah couldn't have been kinder. they were very helpful and very knowledgeable.
30) Were staff attentive to your requests/needs?
The staff was impeccably well trained and polite.
31) Does the property support a local community conservation initiative. If so, please provide brief details and website address if known.
Yes it supports the local Maasai community.
32) Safaritalk trip report link: