See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pault

Bid for upgrades on Kenya Airways

4 posts in this topic

People to whom this will be of interest probably already know, but just in case........

Kenya Airways has an application you can download and use to bid to upgrade your economy seat to business class. Apparently the highest bid(s) for each flight get the upgrade. If you have a ticket for an upcomong trip to Kenya (or on KQ beyond Kenya) might be worth a try now, while many may not be aware of it and the "average winning bid" is still an unknown. Just go to the Kenya Airways homepage to download the app.

And of course I have no idea if the app will cause your phone to explode... but Kenya Airways has much better online stuff than it used to so should be safe.

2 people like this

that is quite a cool idea.

I wonder how many seats they will authorise for upgrade?

Until business class is full?

Sounds a great idea.

As a "long legged 6+ footer", I've also found Kenya to be very responsive to requests for extra legroom. In theory you can (or used to) pay more for these seats but when I wend upto the Kenya desk at Heathrow to request one, the lady looked up & said "For you sir, there will be no charge" - Result !! On the return I couldn't do anything before or at check-in but once on the aircraft I pointed out how cramped I was & was moved.

2 people like this

Not good a good sign...this means people are not buying Business Class seats. A healthy airline is one that is selling 1st Class and Business Class seats.

1 person likes this