See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Bid for upgrades on Kenya Airways

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pault

pault

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 4,073 posts
  • Local time: 02:00 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:12 AM

People to whom this will be of interest probably already know, but just in case........

Kenya Airways has an application you can download and use to bid to upgrade your economy seat to business class. Apparently the highest bid(s) for each flight get the upgrade. If you have a ticket for an upcomong trip to Kenya (or on KQ beyond Kenya) might be worth a try now, while many may not be aware of it and the "average winning bid" is still an unknown. Just go to the Kenya Airways homepage to download the app.

And of course I have no idea if the app will cause your phone to explode... but Kenya Airways has much better online stuff  than it used to so should be safe.

• PT123 and Soukous like this

Waiting again... for the next time again

#2 Soukous

Soukous

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 2,982 posts
  • Local time: 07:00 AM
  • Category 1:Tour Operator
  • Category 2:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:47 AM

that is quite a cool idea. 

I wonder how many seats they will authorise for upgrade? 

Until business class is full?

"if you think you're too small to make a difference, try spending the night in a closed room with a mosquito."

Martin Dunn FRGS

facebook: Wildlife Photography Africa

twitter@wildphotoafrica

#3 AfricIan

AfricIan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Local time: 07:00 AM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

Sounds a great idea.

As a "long legged 6+ footer", I've also found Kenya to be very responsive to requests for extra legroom.  In theory you can (or used to) pay more for these seats but when I wend upto the Kenya desk at Heathrow to request one, the lady looked up & said "For you sir, there will be no charge" - Result !!  On the return I couldn't do anything before or at check-in but once on the aircraft I pointed out how cramped I was & was moved. 

• PT123 and pault like this

Ian

Photographs from our Africa trips in my PicasaWeb albums

#4 SSF556

SSF556

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Local time: 03:00 AM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

Not good a good sign...this means people are not buying Business Class seats.   A healthy airline is one that is selling 1st Class and Business Class seats.

• Tom Kellie likes this

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.