Trip Report: Tarangire NP, October 2015

AKChui

For those of you following my October 2015 photo safari to the Serengeti, I’ve just posted Part 3 covering Tarangire NP, on my website.

The TR concludes here

Did you know there was a second Great Migration in Tanzania?

Great pictures, Martin!

I like your "animals and landscape" style of photography, continue with that ...

I just loved your trip report;I have to say that it increased my desire to want to visit Tarangire National Park for three days. It is obviously an underrated national park. I would stay at Oliver's Camp.

Thanks guys!

@Sverker After years of trying for those "ultimate portrait" shots, I realized that my images could have been taken in a zoo anywhere, and really didn't say "Africa" (or wherever). Hence, the inclusion of their environment in the image.

@@optig Three days would be good--I really didn't get a good feel for the rest of the park outside of the swamp area, since I had to make the most of my short time there. And Oliver's is best situated for early morning and evening photography at the swamp, without the need to rush to/from your lodging.

An excellent conclusion. I liked the martial eagle sighting a lot.

@@AKChui

I really enjoyed your photos - an I echo the praise of the wildlife in the environment pictures.

Thanks for sharing @@AKChui, really enjoyed the photos. I'm going to be doing 3 days in Tarangire later this week (hard to believe), and you've given me inspiration for my photos. Definitely the last time I was in Africa I didn't take enough environmental photos, that's my goal for this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments on lens and cameras. Your work is a great advertisement for those used. This information is so relevant to us as we gear up for our September trip.

Roger