Trip Report: Central Serengeti and Lake Ndutu, October 2015

AKChui

I finished Part 2 of my October 2015 Trip Report a little sooner than expected, mainly because I had previously processed more images that I remembered.

So join me for cats, cats and more cats…

The TR continues here

Edited by AKChui

Indeed cats, cats, and cats! Plus many great landscape shots. Plus flamingoes. And my favourite, the caracal!

Beautiful photos, enjoyable writing - thanks again. Terrific Caracal sighting, love these shots. Interesting about the Cheetahs without territory. On our last safari our guide told us that these territory things are way more fluid with Big Cats than we generally think. I hope you don't mind but I think the Reedbuck on page 6 is actually a Bushbuck?

Excellent photos: The light on the pregnant cheetah a photographers dream as you said. Waiting for the third part! Congrats.

I hope you don't mind but I think the Reedbuck on page 6 is actually a Bushbuck?

@michael-ibk Oops! Thanks for spotting that--I'm usually better on fact checking. But I learned something else from Wikipedia--there's been a common name change (same genus/species) after the Western and Southern Bushbuck were found not to be related. Now called the kewel (which I doubt the average safari goer is going to adopt!).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushbuck

9 days helps explain why you got such great images! Plenty of time. I'll be very interested in Ndutu in Oct. and what is going on there during this dry time.

Kewel, I learned something.

Thanks, Martin. Some exceptional pictures!

Fantastic photos - all of them - but I especially like the really good close photos of the caracal.

Wow, that caracal! Rarely have a seen such a good, clear shot.

great pictures of the beautiful caracal. also love those pictures of the lions cleaning each other, and those cute cubs. hope the missing cub turned up....

Thanks for sharing, a very nice trip report and fantastic photos :)