Zambia walking safari June 2015 report (six months late)

deano

californiagal1017

Deano, sorry for the late response, been too busy with work to spend much time here.

Thanks so much for all the helpful packing info. I know what you been by cold/mild - I'm from Southern California so 70's and I need a jacket :-)

I'll be in OM the last week of June.

Thanks again.

Anita

fictionauthor

Just caught this report, thanks to @@californiagal1017 bringing it up to the top of the newest posts. Really enjoyed the photos (all I had time to see), especially appreciate the inclusion of camp photos that show how people are sitting and interacting. Gives you a sense of the whole experience this way.

• 2 weeks later...

~ @@deano

Lions...crocodiles...hippos...elephants.

Fishing, too!

Why is it that the extraordinary leopard images leapt out at me?

Superb pacing in your commentary. Your images and text go together so well.

You've ratcheted up my interest in Zambia.

Thank you.

Tom K.

Well hello @@Tom Kellie - glad to see you over here in my Zambia trip report. I have to say that we loved it particularly Lower Zambezi (although had we not been there after South Luangwa then SLNP would definitely have been our favorite safari instead). We wanted to try something a bit different than two game drives a day with the associated eating and general inactivity and after researching walking safaris Zambia kept coming up. The walking was great - not really exercise but enough that you burn off calories - and the additional water based activities were fantastic so much so that when we left Old Mondoro one of the guides pointed out that we had averaged 4 activities a day and had not actually done a plain old afternoon game drive. Imagine that! South Luangwa has more more water in it in their Green Season and there looks to be some great water based birding trips at that time of the year. No doubt there are others on here who have done trip reports on that.

Thank you for the compliments. As one who admires your epic trip reports that means a lot coming from you.

So much to see. So many places to try.

kind regards

deano.

@@deano

I have been primarily reading trip reports from Kenya while preparing for our safari in January and while doing my TR after our return. I had pretty well read every recent one on Kenya and was looking at Zambia since that is where we next hope to go. Well, who should I find but my old pal deano who had been so complementary and with humorous comments on our TR. I read your entertaining and informative report from start to finish in one setting.

What a great trip you had in Zambia. You had some really great sightings and lots of different great experiences. I can see why you are soon returning.

You gave me some good info on where and who we should check out when we start planning a trip to Zambia.

The variety of animals you saw on your night drives looks very appealing. My favorite photos were of the leopard in the tree coming down through the vines. Very artistic.

The Lower Zambezi has the look of Mana Pools which we have visited twice. The open under story of the forest with the multi species of game is classic.

Will be looking forward to your next trip report to Zambia to further boost our desire to visit there.

Back at ya' my old pal @@mapumbo. Thank you for visiting and glad you enjoyed it. I see that leopard almost every day as she sits in a picture frame positioned directly opposite my desk looking down into the corner of my office keeping a watchful eye on my guests who can't see here as she is above and behind them....stalking....watching....waiting to pounce.

I am not entirely sure when we depart for Zambia 2016 but I think it is 9 weeks, 3 hours and about 20 minutes.....

kind regards

deano

Well, I hope you haven't lost too many folks in order to keep your leopard fed.

We tell people the only thing that keeps us working is to pay for our next safari.