Chyulu Hills: Waiting for the Rains, October 2015

ravipatel888

I've recently started a blog documenting our safaris. I've posted our most recent TR to ol Donyo in the Chyulu Hills there, with writing styles influenced by @@Safaridude 's amazing trip reports! If anyone has trouble viewing the report, or if you want me to post it here, please let me know. It'll be the same report, only the format/layout would change a bit.

Heres the link: http://safarijunkies.com/2015/11/chyulu-hills-waiting-rains/

I've recently started a blog documenting our safaris. I've posted our most recent TR to ol Donyo in the Chyulu Hills there, with writing styles influenced by @@Safaridude 's amazing trip reports! If anyone has trouble viewing the report, or if you want me to post it here, please let me know. It'll be the same report, only the format/layout would change a bit.

Heres the link: http://safarijunkies.com/2015/11/chyulu-hills-waiting-rains/

~ @@ravipatel888

Thank you for letting Safaritalk members and guests know about this.

Perhaps most members will be able to view it. Where I live, it doesn't load, very likely to the “security filters” placed on incoming large “foreign origin” files.

I'm generally able to view all content on Safaritalk other than videos, which remain unavailable here.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to ask you for the extra effort to post it here, unless others would likewise need it.

Tom K.

I love the presentation on your blog. It really feels like an Africa Geographic or Travel Africa article. That is due in part to the format (I like the text over some of the images) and in part to the images themselves. The elephants are especially lovely.

madaboutcheetah

This is a brilliant report - Ol Donyo Lodge is on my list ........ Currently, is run by the ex-mara plains managers (Amy and Shaun) - they speak very highly about the area and activities on offer.

I'll be spending 4 days at Ol Donyo Camp in February,needless to say this report made me much more enthusiastic about my stay. Your blog is just superb.

Love the report - great photos of the eles and I also love the layout of it!

@@Tom Kellie - I was mostly considering your internet situation in this, so I'll copy it over here. Just give me a few days....

@@Marks, @@SafariChick - Thanks. One of the reasons I wanted to start the blog up was work on a layout and longform articles. Inspired by a few other well-designed blogs I've seen.

@@madaboutcheetah, @@optig - its a stunning place and Shaun & Amy are excellent hosts. Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by ravipatel888

You went in November? Love the blog style and photographs. Pen

Your photo arrangement (and the photos themselves) look great in the blog. Chyulu is known for big tuskers and you found them. You mentioned cheetahs and livestock interactions. Did you see any cheetah around?

There should be rain now.

Thanks for sharing this.

@@ravipatel888

I am sure that I will have a good time both at Ol Donyo Lodge in Chyulu Hills as well as Sarara Camp in the Mathews Range. Needless to say I am looking forward to meeting you and your wife and chat about safari. I will be honored to invite you and your wife to dinner. I am also planning two other safaris for later in the year which I'm sure you will be interested in.

Please keep in touch.

Edited by optig

@rivalpatel888

I will be visiting both Ol Donyo Lodge in Chyulu Hills in February next year as well as Sarara Camp in the Mathews Range. I will be honored to invite you and your wife out for lunch and dinner. Please keep in touch.

@@penolva - we went towrds the end of October.

@@Atravelynn - we didn't manage to spot any cheetahs. We saw tracks in a few different spots, so they're definitely there, just hard to spot. The rains have come now.