Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SafariChick

Jogger Videos Puma Killing Deer at Rancho San Antonio in San Francisco Bay Area

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This happened at Rancho San Antonio, a very popular open space preserve that is about 10-15 minutes drive from my house! I have hiked here many many times and it is always busy with hikers and joggers and families with kids. This happened at about noon! Why was I not there? Amazing! For some reason, the video is not embedding - still having trouble with my posts so not sure how to embed it but if you click the link you'll get to the video

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video/3321354-bay-area-jogger-captures-battle-between-mountain-lion-deer/

Edited by SafariChick
4 people like this

This happened at Rancho San Antonio, a very popular open space preserve that is about 10-15 minutes drive from my house! I have hiked here many many times and it is always busy with hikers and joggers and families with kids. This happened at about noon! Why was I not there? Amazing! For some reason, the video is not embedding - still having trouble with my posts so not sure how to embed it but if you click the link you'll get to the video

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video/3321354-bay-area-jogger-captures-battle-between-mountain-lion-deer/

~ @@SafariChick

Thank you for posting the link.

Is Rancho San Antonio County Park anywhere near either Cupertino or Mountain View?

My closest Chinese friend, his wife and 2-year old daughter live there. He's an Adobe software engineer.

At noon when all might witness it — who needs to visit Africa to see a predator kill?

Tom K.

@@Tom Kellie Yes, Tom that is exactly where Rancho San Antonio is, actually! It's kind of on the border of northern Cupertino and southern Los Altos, and Los Altos borders Mountain View. I live on the border of Los Altos and Mountain View! I'm sure your friend knows of Rancho!

1 person likes this

@@Tom Kellie Yes, Tom that is exactly where Rancho San Antonio is, actually! It's kind of on the border of northern Cupertino and southern Los Altos, and Los Altos borders Mountain View. I live on the border of Los Altos and Mountain View! I'm sure your friend knows of Rancho!

~ @@SafariChick

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'll send him the link and let him know about the puma sighting at Rancho San Antonio.

It's been a decade since I was last in the Bay Area. That's far too long!

Who knows? Maybe the wildlife sightings will draw me back.

On-line I enjoy reading the outdoors-oriented columns by Tom Stienstra in the San Francisco Chronicle.

I miss Muir Woods, the Santa Cruz Mountains, Pt. Reyes and leisurely drives along U.S. 1.

Up north, the Sea Ranch, Gualala and Ft. Ross tug at my heart. More south, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Big Sur, San Simeon and Cayucos do likewise.

Lucky you live northern California!

Tom K.

@@Tom Kellie those are almost all places we've been and enjoyed. We were married in the Carmel Highlands and often like to go to Big Sur for our anniversary.

1 person likes this

@@SafariChick that must have been an epic battle! and the puma must have been hungry to hunt in such open view. the lion looks small against the deer. amazing that it got the better of the deer.

@@Tom Kellie those are almost all places we've been and enjoyed. We were married in the Carmel Highlands and often like to go to Big Sur for our anniversary.

~ @@SafariChick

That's truly wonderful...really, really wonderful!

To my taste, those are the stuff of dreams.

You've been blessed with visits to the Earth's beauty spots!

What a lovely way to remember your anniversary.

Tom K.

1 person likes this