Six days off road in Kakoland and a return to Etosha West to East - A Self Drive adventure in Namibia like no other

penolva

@@Marks it was great to see the elephants after reading about them for all these years. The lions are not doing so well since we left, one has been found poisoned and her three sisters are missing. So sad :(

I wish I could change the statement I made about my Morocco trip being a wild adventure.....ha!! Now THIS is a wild adventure. The photography is outstanding. I couldn't have left that himba village until the rest came back. Photographing them is on my list. I can see why @peterconan would be fascinated with this trip. What fun.

Hi Penolva, maybe I missed it in the narrative, but what month was this trip? I always love your trip reports!

Hi Penolva, maybe I missed it in the narrative, but what month was this trip? I always love your trip reports!

Sorry @@kilopascal it was August this year. So glad you enjoy the TR. Pen

I wish I could change the statement I made about my Morocco trip being a wild adventure.....ha!! Now THIS is a wild adventure. The photography is outstanding. I couldn't have left that himba village until the rest came back. Photographing them is on my list. I can see why @peterconan would be fascinated with this trip. What fun.

@@PCNW Thanks for the comments :) I wish more of the village had been home. I was reluctant to photograph people up close when we met them outside the village. The trip was great fun, we had many laughs although some might have been of the nervous type.

@@penolva I just read this from the beginning. Wow! What an adventure. I love your photos of the night skies and what a treat to see the elephants and brown hyena. Thanks for posting this.

@@Pennyanne thanks for reading! I appreciate you taking the time to read from the begining. It's a trip we are never going to forget. Pen

@@Marks it was great to see the elephants after reading about them for all these years. The lions are not doing so well since we left, one has been found poisoned and her three sisters are missing. So sad :(

Sad indeed. Makes you really admire the folks working in conversation, to persist in the face of countless examples of this kind.

• 1 month later...

Wow, wow, wow! These landscapes and night skies and eles are to die for - and that brown hyena, I think he made it up to you for missing the lions :) I will be number 4 in that convoy that follows you next time - after @@xelas and the rest of the gang. Both of you are such an inspiration and a veritable fount of information... Thank you also for sharing the info about Caesar, Pen. He sounds terrific.

Thanks @@Sangeeta I love the idea of a SafariTalk convoy, that would be great fun. :) Pen

@@penolva

Really enjoyed this report,you have so many fantastic scenery shots and having never seen a brown hyena I was happy for you to see it. This was definitely an adventure that I envied

@dio thanks for reading it's one of our best ever trips :)