Safari Virginity --- Gone.

Big Andy

panamaleo

Wonderful trip report, and I had no problem viewing your fine photography. I will be in Mana Pools in late July during a month-long safari to Zimbabwe. You have made me anticipate this trip (my 5th safari) even more than ever. Thank you, and hats-off to Shirley, a real trooper!

@@Big Andy - what a wonderful TR and superb photo's.

The photo's of SAPI and the female Kudu surrounded by Buffalo's is awesome.

Thanks Hads, it was a great moment with expectation levels going through the roof, but it all ended quietly enough except for the kudu.

@@Big Andy

Wow that first Carmine Bee-eater shot was definitely worth a repost. Stunning.

The armchair safari also came up trumps for you. Fantastic shots of the wildlife in and around the camp/lodge. That ele shot is superb.

Thank you for finding the time to put a report together of a truly stupendous first safari. I think the word stupendous does it justice but maybe it is somewhat of an understatement.

I am not surprised to read that you have already booked a return visit :)

Finding the time for trip reporting can be a problem but it's fun to relive it and I think I owe it to the many on here who helped with the planing whether they knew it or not after my reading of their reports. Thanks for taking the time to read through.

Wonderful trip report, and I had no problem viewing your fine photography. I will be in Mana Pools in late July during a month-long safari to Zimbabwe. You have made me anticipate this trip (my 5th safari) even more than ever. Thank you, and hats-off to Shirley, a real trooper!

A whole month of safari, you lucky person, that sounds awesome.

That last bit you said is very true she just won't give in and will push herself all day long, but don't tell Her I said so.