Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LynneB

Organising photos by type

3 posts in this topic

I've been using Adobe Organiser/Elements on a PC but I'm going to be swapping to a Mac and will probably consider different editing software now (not sure what yet).

What I do like about Adobe Organiser is the ability to 'tag' my photos by type, the photos can stay in the same album but I can tag the photos by animal type, sunsets, lodge photos etc.

If I'm not using Adobe, can anyone recommend another way of doing this with the file organiser that comes with a Mac?

Lynne, the new apple photo software that comes with all their computers (called 'photo'. Very original) supports tagging images (or keywords).

(apple rant starting)

I switched over to lightroom as I wanted out of their 'ecosystem' as I am fed up with their pricing and when my current macbook fails or becomes intolerable then I want the option of going to other brands. Aperture was/is a great product, but to stop supporting it and only provide a dumbed down iPhoto type software means they lost me as a loyal customer after many, many years. Their hardware is beautiful though!

Lynne, the new apple photo software that comes with all their computers (called 'photo'. Very original) supports tagging images (or keywords).

(apple rant starting)

I switched over to lightroom as I wanted out of their 'ecosystem' as I am fed up with their pricing and when my current macbook fails or becomes intolerable then I want the option of going to other brands. Aperture was/is a great product, but to stop supporting it and only provide a dumbed down iPhoto type software means they lost me as a loyal customer after many, many years. Their hardware is beautiful though!

Thanks, that sounds like a simple solution for tagging.