See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

The Next Step in Saving the Planet

E O Wilson Sean Carroll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 twaffle

twaffle

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 8,634 posts
  • Local time: 02:59 PM
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

Carroll visited Wilson’s office at Harvard University for a free-ranging, hours-long chat. It covered concerns for the future and reminiscing about the past – and morphed into an idea for a global campaign to unite biologists behind the common cause of saving the natural world, a prerequisite for understanding it.

http://churchandstat...ing-the-planet/

I found this discussion between these eminent scientists very interesting and pertinent to many of the problems we discuss here on ST.  Maybe it will be of interest to others.

• pault, Tom Kellie and fictionauthor like this

… clarity in thought comes after challenge …

#2 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,485 posts
  • Local time: 01:29 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:16 AM

I found this discussion between these eminent scientists very interesting and pertinent to many of the problems we discuss here on ST.  Maybe it will be of interest to others.

~ @twaffle

Thank you so much for posting this link and bringing it to our attention.

It's exactly what many of my students would enjoy reading, especially as Prof. Wilson is a hero to many of them.

The discussion described in the article was enlightening to me.

Much appreciated!

Tom K.

• twaffle likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: E O Wilson, Sean Carroll

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.