See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Safaritalk nominated for tourism award. Edited. Runner up.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Local time: 11:24 PM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident
  • Category 2:---

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

Congragulations Matt,

As you know, youv'e made a great contribution to all our lives. I'm delighted that your'e getting the recognition that you so richly deserve.
  • Lala likes this

#62 Lala

Lala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Local time: 03:24 AM
  • Category 1:Writer
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:16 PM

Game Warden, Matthew - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

AMA (wow in Swahili)!!!!!!! 

so sorry i missed this - therefore belated congratulations and hope you win next time!!!!

#63 Lala

Lala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Local time: 03:24 AM
  • Category 1:Writer
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

The satisfaction for me, (and hopefully you), with this SATOA awards is that ST was nominated in the first place, by professional members of that organisation. That we were recognised as being something of quality. The fact that Safaritalk didn't win doesn't concern me: I knew it wouldn't because from the outset I did not canvas anyone via Social media or ST for votes: It is important that the quality of Safaritalk is reflected by its indepth, unbiased content from people all over the world, across almost 10 years, the informative and well mannered debates highlighting the difficult conservation questions in Africa, the number of bookings it has driven to lesser known places and the fact that members have raised many thousands of dollars for grass roots conservation and community initiatives and not the number of votes I can garner.

That Safaritalk, or other nominees did not win only serves to question the validity of such awards when the winner is based upon the most number of votes cast, rather than being decided solely upon merit by a panel of judges qualified to make judgement...

OKAY, Game Warden, may I request with great respect that if SafariTalk is nominated again in the future, that you post an announcement of said nomination on ST and allow members to vote or not, as they wish. Having established SafariTalk as a quality forum recognized globally and nominated for the SATAO awards by professionals indicates that should SafariTalk receive the largest number of votes, the win will be well deserved and honestly earned. Please... and yes, we do quite get how you feel about social media in a popularity contest, but fair's fair. Having established its worthiness, give ST members the opportunity to choose whether or not to vote...

again, congratulations!

• Tom Kellie likes this

#64 Atravelynn

Atravelynn

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 9,847 posts
  • Local time: 01:24 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

Congratulations on your high ranking!  Well deserved.

When you think of a rhino, think of a tree (African proverb)

#65 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,475 posts
  • Local time: 03:24 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:34 AM

~ @Lala

I agree with what you've suggested.

It seems reasonable.

Tom K.

• Lala likes this

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.