Game Warden

Safaritalk nominated for tourism award. Edited. Runner up.

65 posts in this topic

Latest: we are now shortlisted for the award...

Dear Matthew,

CONGRATULATIONS! We have now counted the votes for the SATOA Travel Awards and are pleased to announce that you have been short-listed for the following category:

Best Travel Blog/Journalist

The winner will be announced at the SATOA Travel Awards next week. Best of luck and we look forward to seeing you there.

Alas I won't be there but fingers crossed...

7 people like this

Great! How many in the shortlist?

I was going to make an analogy about a proud father and others admiring his pretty baby girl, but realised just in time that Donald Trump has totally ruined such analogies for a decade.

That's good to hear Matt. It would be really nice if you could go. Or still a bit conflicted about whether it is a good thing?

3 people like this

Congratulations. Good to know that your hard work, commitment and dedication to developing ST into a resource that imparts value to its members/readers is being recognised.

Congrats, Matt! Well deserved.

@@pault I can't afford to do the trip from the HQ to London for one night and logistically it's a problem. Re the awards: I've not asked anyone to vote for ST although I have shared news that we have been put forward.

If no one from ST is able to attend on our behalf, and we do win, I'll have to come up with a plan with SATOA to see them if I can make it to WTM later in the year.

1 person likes this

Perhaps they can Skype you if you win.

Thanks to all the mystery voters ….. ;)

2 people like this

Just want to say I will be keeping fingers crossed etc for tonights awards in the hope that Safaritalk and of course @@Game Warden get the recognition they deserve.

Please let us know the outcome as soon as you have some news.

2 people like this

Will do. It's you all who deserve the recognition...

All the best..

Yeah fingers crossed!! :)

I have just noticed the logo that was added to the bottom of the page. Hopefully soon it will read Winner in place of Nominee!

Any news?☺

I haven't been notified about anything but reading through some tweets with a SATOA hashtag the winning travel blog/journalist was the following site, www.thetravelista.net, which I wasn't familiar with.

Sorry that we didn't win the category, it would have been nice recognition but in the end an award isn't necessary to prove how great all your contributions are.

Matt

5 people like this

I received by a tweet earlier today that Safaritalk was awarded Runner Up in last night's awards. Thank you all who have contributed to Safaritalk over the years.

Matt

8 people like this

Aww well that's a pretty great achievement!!

Follow up email:

Dear Matt,

SATOA would like to take this opportunity to say CONGRATULATIONS to Safari Talk who were runners up for the category Best Travel blog/journalist at last night’s SATOA Travel Awards.

Sarah from Reve Tourism accepted the award on your behalf. Please forward me an address that we can use to courier your award. Please find attached your electronic badge which we hope you will display proudly.

To see pictures from the event click here.

Congratulations once again and we wish you a wonderful weekend ahead celebrating.

Kind regards,

Nyasha Nyaguwa
SATOA - Promoting Travel to Africa & Indian Ocean

3 people like this

@@kittykat23uk One must remember that these awards were based upon number of votes: I did not use ST or social media to ask people to vote for me, I've always been outspoken about not voting for such awards and that nominees should win based upon individual merit.

6 people like this

Totally agree!

That is terrific news.

Tipperty-top news and it made me smile that ST was "runner-up", after all mostly we tell everyone "don't run, whatever you do". I think ST is the best forum ever and although we don't need a gong to know that. Its nice that someone nominated GM and all his hard work.

1 person likes this

Congrats Matt. Being nominated and getting runner up is an achievement worthy of note and celebration. This is a positive step that will give ST additional visibility and will likely help draw more visitors and posters.

As much as you kindly deflect the reason for ST's success to its memebers you are the sun in the ST universe making ST possible.

5 people like this

Congrats Matt. Being nominated and getting runner up is an achievement worthy of note and celebration. This is a positive step that will give ST additional visibility and will likely help draw more visitors and posters.

As much as you kindly deflect the reason for ST's success to its memebers you are the sun in the ST universe making ST possible.

Well said

x2

Congrats @@Game Warden, ST moderators, veterans, members and all the newcomers who make ST such a vibrant, lively and mental-challenging forum! the TRs are incredible sources of information and the debates are so stimulating and daunting. it has served as a critical source of lifting my lack of knowledge of eco-industry and wildlife management issues from nought to a beginner's level, and so much more to learn from the forum.

Thank you for such a wild crazy-good ride for the last 2 years, and many more to come!

Edited by Kitsafari
5 people like this