Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
douglaswise

Pantanal options

4 posts in this topic

My wife and I intend to visit the Southern Pantanal in late May/early June next year. We plan to spend 13 nights at Barranco Alto with wildlife and fly fishing in mind. We have no plans to visit other places in Brazil. This will keep costs down as internal transport seems either to be expensive, time consuming or both.

Another couple have decided to join us. However, they don't fish and are wondering whether they might benefit from visiting other places during the trip. They appreciate wild habitats and their associated flora and fauna, but are neither serious photographers, birders nor species list generators. I don't think a visit to Northern Pantanal for jaguars, for example, would be a major pull for them. My inclination is to suggest that they would gain little by trying for a two centre experience while spending more. However, I thought it worth asking whether anyone had alternative suggestions.

How about iguazu falls?

Bonito, perhaps?

@kittycat23uk and @@Bush dog,

Many thanks for your suggestions which we will research further in association with our friends.