See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Kenya eVisa

Kenya visa eVisa

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 pomkiwi

pomkiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Off to Nairobi in 5 days (I may have mentioned this elsewhere  :) )  I applied for my e-visa a few weeks ago and had to re-enter payment details. Got receipt for payment the second time and visa itself the next day. All good. I was a little annoyed to see two fees debited from my credit card when I checked the next day but 3 days leter when I looked again there had been 3 applicaton fees taken and 2 refunds made!  Seems a little unreliable but it gets sorted in the end.

Will post if anything at the airport has changed from the experience of @offshorebirder in January.

• amybatt likes this

#82 offshorebirder

offshorebirder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Conservationist/Naturalist

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

@pomkiwi - I was so glad to NOT have a Kenyan eVisa when I arrived at JKIA recently on January 14 - my friend and I went straight to an empty desk while dozens (maybe hundreds) of other passengers stewed in line.
https://www.flickr.c...offshorebirder2

'Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'
John Keats - Ode on a Grecian Urn

#83 SafariChick

SafariChick

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 2,589 posts
  • Local time: 05:28 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (first-time visitor)

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

@offshorebirder oh good - sounds like I made the right call not to get an evisa this time either - we'll be there in a couple of weeks!

• offshorebirder likes this

#84 dlo

dlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local time: 06:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

@offshorebirder oh good - sounds like I made the right call not to get an evisa this time either - we'll be there in a couple of weeks!

For us it was the opposite. We rolled right in maybe taking 15 minutes. Its all luck of the draw.

• SafariChick likes this

#85 pomkiwi

pomkiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:21 AM

@offshorebirder - that's cheered me up  :rolleyes:  !!

(Still looking forward to my trip though :D )

#86 COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 6,627 posts
  • Local time: 11:28 PM
  • Category 2:Environmentalist

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:34 AM

I have now got my evisa

the application process was smooth, with the payment going through the first time without a problem

the visa was granted the next day

Wild Africa is in my blood. All life is sacred and interconnected. for the animals are fellow nations caught in the splendor and trevail of the earth.

#87 GBE

GBE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 AM

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:12 AM

The Passport/Visa processing at NBO has now moved from the temporary garage location to the new terminal. 

Transiting through NBO to Rwanda we went through the old garage with similar questions as to the value of getting the e-visa.  We get it because it helps avoid filling out another form while waiting in line and then paying onsite.  From a time in line perspective there was very little difference.

Transiting back through NBO on our way home the new location functioned much as the old, temporary location.  The signage didn't change and the lines seemed to move about the same pace.  As before, when the restricted lines were empty they moved people to those stations.  The only difference we encountered was a medical pre-check where, for the first time transiting through NBO, we were asked to show our proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination. 

• pault likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kenya, visa, eVisa

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.