Soukous

I knew it wasn't going to be hot when I visited Australia's High Country (northern Victoria & South Western NSW) but I didn't expect this.

It was Autumn and we should have enjoyed sunny days and cold nights but as soon as we entered the Snowy River NP and then the Snowy Mountains I realised that my swag might not be the most suitable place to sleep.

post-43899-0-96416900-1430494763_thumb.jpg

post-43899-0-51961100-1430494786_thumb.jpg

post-43899-0-84978100-1430494754_thumb.jpg

michael-ibk

Not a scene one pictures with Australia in mind, that´s for sure. :)

kittykat23uk

Perchance it is called Snowy River for a reason? ;)

Perchance it is called Snowy River for a reason? ;)

I am sure there is a reason, I just can't think of it right now. :rolleyes:

graceland

Brrrr.....

the ice on the branches is lovely :D

We just had six weeks of that. Over now and spring has sprung. Heat and Humidity moving in and when I complain, I am returning to this page. :rolleyes:

Alexander33

I think there is a tremendously large percentage of people in the world who have no idea that there are places in Australia that receive snow. I must confess that until today, I was a part of that statistic, although, geographically, it certainly makes sense -- if you can get past the Ayers Rock and Crocodile Dundee stereotypes and really think about it. Keep the education coming!

I love the high country under snow. The snowy gums are some of the prettiest of the eucalyptus trees. You lucky thing.

There are some interesting statistics on the amount of snow that we have. I can't remember exactly.

graceland

Obviously I did not! But across several oceans I admit I have no idea what time zone or weather zone I am ever dealing with. From

Virginia, way far away, my perception of Australia was surfboards, reefs, Sydney harbor, the outback, and Twaffles back yard :rolleyes: OH and those great horses photographs along with the talented equestrian daughter....

What do I know!

Thanks for a new perspective @@Soukous