I know I know this topic is long dead... But ain't it fun? Some good old top 10's :-)
I'll have to stick to a top 5 for what African Parks are concerned. Just having visited 16 in total, so a top 10 would be pushing it.
So out of the visited 16: Etosha, Palmwag, Mahango (Caprivi), Moremi, South Luangwa, Nyika, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Bwindi, Kibale, QE II, Addo, Kgalagadi, Ruaha, Selous, a top categorized 5 would have to consist of:
For best overall safari experiences: Ruaha, Moremi & Kgalagadi
For that one unique once in a lifetime experience: Bwindi
Because this one, although limited because on a very thight budget back then, was our very first: South Luangwa
2 'special mentions' go to: Addo, yes Addo National Park, SA. Because my expectations were low yet delivery was well above those expectations, obviously with elephants but especially with 2 marvellous caracal encounters.
And Kibale! OK, nothing beats the thrill of being in between gorillas, but we had splendid chimp tracking for a fraction of the cost at Kibale.
On my wish list?
Oh, plenty, but at the top must be:
- Again to South/West Tanzania to re-visit Ruaha, but especially getting to Katavi
- Getting back to South Luangwa (& possibly North Luangwa)
- Mana Pools, Zim
- Some parks in Gabon if my euros would once stretch that far
- Been totally allured by this Zakouma park (and story!) lately
- Getting back to Bots to do the full drive Maun-Moremi-Savuti-Chobe-Kasane
Oh and did I forget to mention I'd love to get to Ethiopia, DRC & Madagascar to