"Safari Highlights from Masai Mara"

"Elephants (Amboselli, Kenya)"

1 person likes this

"Safari Video One"

"Liuwa Plain National Park - Official Video"

"Africa"

"African Safari: Sweetwaters Black Rhino Morani Kenya"

"Safari in Kenya"

A youtube clip of "He who greets with fire" killing the hyeana matriarch from Derek and Beverly Joubert's Eternal Enemies.

Have a look at the above video. Took it myselve in Malawi while doing anti poaching training! The ivory poaching is worse than ever.......

Georg

Wildlife Action Group International e.V.

It doesn't surprise me. Malawi is probably the poorest country in Africa.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what most people do there to survive. Apart from looking for work in South Africa.

I would be very interested in some report from you from there. I was there 10 years ago, but it was liken to a Island holiday. Far cry from a traditional safari.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what most people do there to survive. Apart from looking for work in South Africa.

I would be very interested in some report from you from there. I was there 10 years ago, but it was liken to a Island holiday. Far cry from a traditional safari.

Dik Dik,

I think there may be a few poorer one's Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda spring to mind. One can only wonder what happens to the foreign aid.

They apparently farm on a subsistence level.

George, hi and welcome to Safaritalk, and thankyou for posting this video. What are tourist facilities like in Malawi? In this interview with Albert Schenk from the Thuma Forest Reserve, Malawi he talks about the elephants returning to an area in which they were previously poached, but likewise the sparse facilities. With correct investment, Malawi could have a booming safari industry? What do you think?

Malawi had lots of lodges in a variety of interesting game viewing areas, these are in the main now oned and/or managed by Wilderness Safaris, so presumably investment has taken place. There may well have been a boom in the construction industry, but probably not by locals.

Anybody know if they have walkways?

What is poor? What is rich? Have been working with the village people in Malawi again for 7 month! (have been leaving in Malawi for 19 years previous) If they can plant their crops and sell them, send the children to shool and have a hopital not to far, the people are happy. But Government bosses and highly paid aidworkers do not allow to provide even this essentials to the rural people! Most funding is creamed off by such people. Development aid is making some people very rich and keeps the rural people barfeet in the fields. But is that not the same, I admit on a different level, happend even in Europe?

Georg

I was reminded last night that there is a strong sugar industry in Malawi.

Interesting what you say about aid workers. I have the opinion that Development aid and food aid are just mechanisms to support corrupt governments. They just take away the responsibility a government has to its people, which allows them to concentrate more on lining their own pockets.