Game Warden

Seeking Safari Travel Companion/s.

52 posts in this topic

Thinking of going to China för mammalwatching? 
Well, here is your chance. 

I have fixed dates for this tour. Starting 5th October from Chengdu and ends 14 october in Chengdu. A 10 day trip. 
I will arrive the day before in Chengdu for an early departure on the 5th October. 
I will also have two extra days afterwards for some flexibility. Then I have the freedom to stay at one place if I missed something.

I´ll be going with a guy (Janco) from mammalwatching and we searching for a third person to reduce the cost. 
The total cost for the tour is approximately RMB 28,000.
Divided by 3 persons it will be around RMB 9,400 per person

The only thing who is fixed is the cost of the guide who is RMB 2,000/day then we pay food, accommodation, fuel, road-tolls, park fee on top of that for BOTH the guide and ourselves. 
That´s why the cost is not fixed but approximate. They have done this many times before and have a good feeling of the overall cost so it will be fine. We use the same guides as many others had on mammalwatching and they had a great success in finding target species.
We also have a great flexibility as we don´t need to pre-book anything. 
In Labahe and Tangjiahe we are restricted to use nationalpark hotel and in Ruoergai we can choose what we want on the spot. Accommodation and food is cheap in China so the biggest cost is for the guide and the fuel I guess.

The areas we will visit is: 
Labahe for Red Panda. Also other stuff here like, Squirrels, Tibetan macaque, Hog badger , Masked Palm civet, etc. etc.
Tangjiahe for Golden Takin, Golden snub-nosed monkey, Asian black bear, Also Yellow throated marten, Chinese serow, Reeve´s muntjac, Ghoral, Rheus macaque, Malayan porcupine, Tufted deer, Tibetan macaque, Hog badger, Masked Palm civet, Leopard cat, Chinese ferret badger, flying squirrels, Weasel, Wild boar etc. etc. 
Ruoergai for Chinese mountain cat, Pallas cat, Tibetan fox, Wolves, Tibetan gazelle, Also Marmots, Pikas, Red fox etc. etc. 

Daytime viewing and alot of spotlighting at night. We will spend as much time as possible out there. 
Both Janco and me are also keen on photographing so we will also try to make som good photos of the animals were seeing. Not only tick off on a paper. 
For example,  if we think we will have a good photo of a pack of Wolves from a hill some walking distance away, we will do it. 

I am a guy from Sweden, 39 years old and have done alot of travelling and in recent years alot of mammalwatching trips. 

There is some people who have interest to join this but at the moment, Yes there is still one place open.

We don´t need to pay any deposit as they don´t pre-book anything. My tour is booked and scheduled anyway.

Get in touch if you are interested.

//Andreas

1 person likes this

@Antee I've edited out your email address so as to prevent it being harvested by spammers - if anyone is interested, get in contact with Andreas initially through a PM and then swap emails via that medium.

Matt